What monitor or TV for X-Box 360 Premium?

carpedeum

I am getting an X-Box 360 Premium bundle for my 13 year old and 8 year old sons for Christmas. My problem is deciding on a monitor or TV. This seems to be blowing my budget out of the water. :eek:

I have been advised to get a HD ready TV of at least 20 inches by younger colleagues at work. A young gaming expert in one retail outlet recommended a Samsung 27" HD Ready TV from Komplett. These sell for about €700, which is quite steep when added to the €499 for the X-Box bundle! Besides the cost, I would prefer not to put a TV in my lads' bedroom.

Firstly, is it possible to use a HD ready monitor (as used for a PC) and, secondly, if so, can anyone recommend a good model and supplier?

Firstly, is it possible to use a HD ready monitor (as used for a PC) and, secondly, if so, can anyone recommend a good model and supplier?

I use mine with a vga cable and hd ready set so it is possible (and probably cheaper). Can't recommend a particular brand but i'm sure someone will.

My Samsung Plasma has a 'Gaming' mode-haven't used it because I don't have a console. Not cheap-but the picture is meant to be much better for gaming, but then I don't suppose it will matter much for a 13 y.o.

I'd iamgine 'hardcore' gamers would want a HD screen, but I'd say that a standard TV will be just fine. Or a cheaper HD ready LCD-Samsung are around mid-range pricewise.

Back