What is your Best Holiday Ever?

River

I know its very general but I think it would be an interesting topic. Actually have a slightly ulterior motive, looking for ideas for a holiday in September but without spending an absolute fortune.

So whats your best holiday ever?

Best holiday, without a doubt was Vietnam. Doesn't come cheap though, flights about €1k each for starters.

North India, up in the mountains. That's a quite dear to get to but very cheap when you get there and probubly not for everyone but it was my favourite.

Goa in 1994. Basic but clean accommodation on the beach....Dinner every night on the beach...local markets, hardly any tourists......beautiful!

Phi phi in thailand just amazing, best cheap holiday Ibiza (just avoid san antonio and playa den bossa) it's a stunning island and ibiza town is full of hidden jazz/blues bars :)

New York New York, definitely best place I've been to. So good I've been four times in last 4 years, and would go again tomorrow if I could.

Last year, barbados, ice cool drinks, siting on my boat, cameron diaz putting sun cream on my back, grainne seoige whispering sweet nothings in my ear ........oh, hang on, that may have been a dream.

Thailand is class!!!!

Hawaii - without a doubt. Been twice & would go back in a flash, especially as I might see Jack, Sawyer & Kate :)

It is everything you've ever seen on TV. Stunningly beautiful, fabulous scenery, beaches & wildlife and with an attitude to life that is so laid back. Polynesian people fantastic.

Aer Lingus fly to LAX and you get your connecting flight from there.

Stay on Waikiki beach. Fly a helicopter over Diamond Head and waterfalls. Visit Pearl Harbour. Go snorkeling with amazing coloured fish & ensure you go to a Luau on the beach. Incredible!!!!

Camping at Wine Strand on the Dingle Peninsula every weekend in the hot summer of 1995 - BBQs & beer never tasted better. The casual camping area is fenced off now ... so sad!

The algarve! My boyfriend brought me about two years ago and we stayed in an amazing hotel on a cliff with its own private beach. I will definately never forget it.

New Zealand, south island. Stunning !

Closer to home, anywhere in Italy. Rome, Florence, Assisi, Amalfi...... do a tour of all these.

Villefranche-Sur-Mer for the mussels and white wine, Whitehaven beach for heaven on earth, New York for the buzz, Paris for the Eiffel Tower, Barbados for relaxing, Thailand for value for money, Venice for the architecture....... I could never just pick one. Loved them all for different reasons.

Australia via Singapore on the way down and Bangkok on the way back. Six weeks in all with my wife, my Kildare cousin and his wife. Brilliant.

South Africa with same crew.

Hard to split them for quality.

Jordan in 2002 - sea, sights and excellent people. London in 2004 - museums, food, shopping, events.

But best of all was Germany last year - great weather, visited wineries, had a day in a spa, saw lots of sights and there was a great nightlife, plus it didn't cost a fortune. Stayed mainly in Marburg, visited Frankfurt, Bad Nauheim and Wiesbaden, Trier and Cologne.

Back