What is the state pension age in the UK?

Lisgoold

You can retire when ever you want but UK state pension pays out at age 67.

To answer your Q2. Yes it applies and cost per year is posted in the key post.
State pension age in the UK is currently 66, and will still be 66 for at least the next three years.

Yes, but it's currently 66, and will remain so until 2026, when it will gradually, over the course of a year, move to 67.
If you're talking about, for most folks working, then it'll probably be 68 or more.
As of now, it's 67. Use the link above to check your own situation.

Either way, it's still likely that you'll benefit from making voluntary contributions to get the max UK state pension available to you.

As of now, it's 67. Use the link above to check your own situation.

Either way, it's still likely that you'll benefit from making voluntary contributions to get the max UK state pension available to you.

67 for who?
I'm currently 63, and can assure you that my UK state pension begins on my 66th birthday.

67 for who?
I'm currently 63, and can assure you that my UK state pension begins on my 66th birthday.
See post #2

I'll also make an educated guess that there are more people in paid employment in this country aged between 45 and 60 than there are aged 63-67.

Last edited:
See post #22

I'll also make an educated guess that there are more people in paid employment in this country aged between 25 and 60 than there are aged 63-67.
No idea where you're going with this. Or indeed , why

For anyone who is currently under the age of 45, their state UK state pension age is already set at 68, not 67.

You said that the current SPA is 67. It isn't.

I was merely pointing out, in case someone read that, and just assumed it was correct.

It is only correct if you're aged between around 45 to 63.

This has now updated on my Pension statement on Gov.uk from age 67 to age 68. Hope it doesn't go up anymore.
I'm 43 now, I think it depends on current age.
I just made a lump sum back payment and came here to check how long before it should be processed. and then saw that year change when I logged in. Took me by surprise as I hadn't heard it was changing yet.

Back