What is the pub 'Copper Face Jacks' like?

horizonverizon

I'm having a birthday in the summer and it seems that the government will open up travel around August. I'd like to go to a pub as I've never done so despite being in my mid-20s.

I've heard it has a reputation for 'wild' stuff. How true is this? I'm moreso looking to go their to enter a relationship with someone.

AFAIK, it's a nite-club, not a pub?

I have never been there.

You have never been in a pub, by your mid-20s?

It’s a nightclub. You’d head somewhere like that after a pub, if at all. It’s a bit of fun, but quite rough and ready. It has a country/GAA vibe about it. I think the larger late bars on Dawson Street might be better for birthday drinks, somewhere like Cafe en Seine. But it depends how lively you want it all to be.

Are you sure that you weren't there before?

It's full of Gardai.

If you ask one of them for her number and you don't call, they don't take it well.

Brendan

All I can say to someone whose first venture into a licensed premises is Copper Face Jacks is... god speed.

I think booking a table in somewhere like D2 on Harcourt street might be a wiser choice.

I think you are on the wrong platform if you are looking for advice on copper face jacks. Most of the contributors are more worried about their pensions and the last time they were in a disco was the early 80s. They will still be social distancing a year from now.
I think the owner must be seriously regretting not going ahead with the sale of the club just before the pandemic hit

Wow mid twenties and never been in a pub, there's something seriously wrong with that statement
I was more a Cafe en Seine, Lillies and Renards type rather than Coppers
But there was a reason why it was referred to as "Slapper Face Jacks"
Enjoy your "wild" night ;)

Only one of them is still around!! (I think - it's been a while!!)
Yeah it's been a while for us as well, late noughties me thinks when we gave up
Used to start in Cafe at 10, onto Lillies till about 2 and then finished the night in Renards until Robbie or Jim would send me home
I remember them fondly because Cafe is where I first laid eyes on the woman that was later to become Mrs Cervelo
And Renards where we shared our first kiss while waiting for the taxi home, good times

Long time since I was there but it was always good fun and not too pretentious. The place was always packed.

You may meet the love of your life there or you may not. Just go and enjoy it.

*The cloak room there makes more money than a lot of small businesses :)

So the OP probably has been in Copper Face Jacks but has forgotten about it

On my previous trip to the United States back in 2017, I took 20mg of Valium (diazepam) along with 500ml of wine.

I did it because I know it can induce amnesia/sleep and I didn't want to be awake or remember the 10 hours . It worked and I forgot everything from being in the departure gate to arriving at my hotel in Los Angeles.

Go and have a good time. It's a great night out for young single people.

Oh, and if you can't pull in Coppers, you might as well pack it up.

I remember them fondly because Cafe is where I first laid eyes on the woman that was later to become Mrs Cervelo
And Renards where we shared our first kiss while waiting for the taxi home, good times

You're one lucky boy if that's all you picked up. xx :)

Back