What is the multiple switching market like these days?

Itchy

What is the environment like for cashback harvesting these days, particularly for FTB's? There is very little difference between fixed and variable rates and a peaking rate cycle (?). I'm assuming credit policies have tightened up over the years. I would be interested in hearing any recent experiences? Potential path would be PTSB -> BOI -> AIB.

What is the environment like for cashback harvesting these days, particularly for FTB's? There is very little difference between fixed and variable rates and a peaking rate cycle (?). I'm assuming credit policies have tightened up over the years. I would be interested in hearing any recent experiences? Potential path would be PTSB -> BOI -> AIB.
I tried to switch last year (to Avant). Not for cashback, for the cheaper rate. I was 14 years into a 30 year mortgage. Never missed a payment and earning much more now.
I got asked repeatedly for new docs not mentioned at the start and then for new payslips as they took so long.
I gave up after 3 months as there was no end in sight and interest rates were on the way up. So I fixed with my current bank.

I switched in 2016 to Ulster Bank. While it was a pain then it was much easier than trying Avant in 2022.

I don't know if it was Avant or if that's common. I have a friend earning much more than me buying a house and using BOI. He seems to be having a rough time too.

Last edited:
I switched to Avant myself. I'm more interested in hoping lender for Cashback (a family member is starting to get on the ladder). I did it myself a few years ago and seems like a sensible strategy for FTBs. Arguably its a better opportunity now, given we had to pay break fees to pay back then.

I switched to Avant and had no issues. It was all sorted quickly.
Might have been broker related. I don't know. Our situation and money history is simple. Every doc they asked for was provided within a day. Ah well don't need to look into it again for another 4 years.

Back