What is the best free email to set up?

W

witchymand

Could anyone recommend a good email address to set up e.g hotmail, oceanfree but one that doesn't get so much spam?

Not sure what you mean by "best" but ... I find Hotmail fine for small amounts of personal email particularly with their various spam protection features enabled. In particular I find the "exclusive" feature handy - this ensures that only email from addresses in your contact list is allowed into your Inbox and quarantines all other email in the Junk Mail folder for review (for "false positives" etc.) and eventual deletion (automatically happens after a certain period of time anyway). I also like to be able to collect Hotmail using Outlook Express rather than using the web front end. On the other hand Hotmail storage space is limited (2MB), it may be hard to get your preferred address and I think that they purge addresses that are not used for a relatively short period of time (a few weeks if I recall correctly). There may be other free email services which better suit the particular needs of you or others though...

why not sign up with google gmail.

[broken link removed]

if u need an invite i can give you one.

pm me with your email address and i'll send you one, as i have been given a new batch of six invites.

Hi Irishpancake, I have emailed you privately as I would love to have a gmail email address.

Also quite handy if you have a mobile is to use the vodafone or o2 email servers. I use Vodafone regularly and have never got spam yet.

I also registered for a Vodafone email address but their servers were so unrelaible I would never depend on them. Hotmail have also had their problems but never as bad as Vodafone.

True their servers for logging in have been unreliable but since I use Outlook Express to access mails I have never had a problem collecting mails. If you can bypass the Vodafone pages and download emails directly to your machine then they are quite good. One other advantage is they support IMAP so if you access mails from home and the office it is a good way of synchronising emails.

hey amanda :)

check your inbox for invite.

regardez,

the Irish Pancake

Thanks Irishpancake

Thanks soooo much for that.
I look forward to using gmail.
Many thanks
Witchy

Back