WHat is general process of appeal? Appeals go to Bank first and then independent tracker panel?

zxcvbnm

I just want to ask re the general process of appeals.

So I sent off my appeal which came back as a rejection.

The letter included a lengthy response from AIB effectively rejecting my appeal. (I am part of the 6,000 cohort)

IT also states that this response has not yet been considered by the AIB Tracker panel. This AIB tracker panel is the independent 3 person panel yes?

So at what point do the AIB tracker panel get involved - if at all?

Does the AIB Tracker panel get involved by default as the next step?
Or do I need to write back asking them to assess my claim given the bank has rejected my appeal?

Hi zxc,

Brendan has posted A step by step guide for appeals on this site so just search and you will see it. I wouldn’t worry about the fact that your case was rejected, AIB reject all of the cases as that is their position. It will go to the panel if you disagree with AIBs interpretation( which you should as it is nonsensical)

I wouldn’t hold out much hope for a positive panel outcome as at the last Oireachtas hearing they were absolutely torn apart and then said they’d look into it but they didn't really - just follow the step by step guide on this site

Back