what is a lum?

hizzy

Hi All

Just hope someone can help me, I have given my parents a 00 seat cordoba, however there seems to be a few problems with it, first of all they were told that it needs a lum and a new icu unit, I do not know the first thing about cars and I don't know if I even spelt the word lum correctly.

I'm trying to see if I can find these parts for the mechanic, I did go onto micksgarage website and nothing came up.

Would appreciate any help.

Many thanks

Hizzy

Hiya Hizzy

Would it be a loom & ECU you're looking for?

ECU is the brain of the car, and the loom is what the electrical signals are sent by.

Thats gonna be a main dealer part though & probably not going to be cheap, maybe too dear for a 00 Seat to make it worth your while.

Was the car water damaged or something?

Hi Brian

Thanks for that, brief history of the car, the car just broke down on me one day about 3 years ago, I gave it to a mechanic, he got it up and running, but when I tried to start it, it wouldn't start, gave it back to the mechanic who had the car for over 1 and a half years, kept avoiding my calls whenever I rang him.

Anyhow, to cut a long story short, got the car, got it towed to Dublin, and gave it to a mechanic that my dad knows, he trusts him as well. It never got water logged as far as I'm aware.

Appreciate the info, might just tell my dad to leave it off.

Regards

Hizzy

Had a Vauxhall Carlton 2.2l about 15 years ago. Lots of problems with ECU. Eventually got a fitter to bypass it and I had it for another three years without incident.

ECU's control fuelling etc etc on modern cars so can't be bypassed.

The only reason I asked was it water damaged is water could do that damage but very strange apart from that.

Might be worth asking the mechanic to pick up the phone and ring Seat to get a quote, will only take a couple of mins & at least you'll know for sure then.

I can't access a couple of websites from work but you could try posting this question on www.vagdrivers.net or www.seatcupra.net to see has anyone else ever heard of this problem.

Good luck anyway.

Back