Rainbowracer
New Member
- Messages
- 4
Hi all
I am looking for some advice or anybody has been in a similar situation.
I work as a relatively recently graduated substitute teacher. I claim casual/X and Os/ jobseekers for holidays and the summer. Usually once the school year starts I work 5 days a week, once or twice I would work a 3 days week but that would happen 3 times a year a school year.
My father got a cancer diagnosis and went down rapidly. I panicked and stayed on the casual dole rather than look for carers allowance. He died 8 weeks after getting a diagnosis.
I am worried I have made a mess of everything. I also worry I will not have enough stamps for a pensions (mid 40s) this is why I looked for the cover for the holidays.
Should I tell DSP I stayed on the dole when I was caring for my Dad. Does anybody know how DSP would respond?
I am back working now and hoping Id imagine I will be right to the end of the year.
If anyone had a similar experience or knowledge I would be very grateful.
Thank you.
I am looking for some advice or anybody has been in a similar situation.
I work as a relatively recently graduated substitute teacher. I claim casual/X and Os/ jobseekers for holidays and the summer. Usually once the school year starts I work 5 days a week, once or twice I would work a 3 days week but that would happen 3 times a year a school year.
My father got a cancer diagnosis and went down rapidly. I panicked and stayed on the casual dole rather than look for carers allowance. He died 8 weeks after getting a diagnosis.
I am worried I have made a mess of everything. I also worry I will not have enough stamps for a pensions (mid 40s) this is why I looked for the cover for the holidays.
Should I tell DSP I stayed on the dole when I was caring for my Dad. Does anybody know how DSP would respond?
I am back working now and hoping Id imagine I will be right to the end of the year.
If anyone had a similar experience or knowledge I would be very grateful.
Thank you.
Last edited: