What gift to give for a "Garden Lover" under 50 Euro?

cnu

Hello,

We have been invited for a dinner to one's house and the lady is die-hard gardener. Now can you suggest me something nice that we can buy for her under 50 euro?

cheers

I'm just glad you're not recommending an ironing board... ;)

How about a nice cat-carrier for safely removing those pesky moggies from her flowerbeds?

[broken link removed]

While Dr. M's suggestion may be practical....

M&S have some great 'ready to go' flowers - bulbs in nice cream coloured china pots - with mininal instructions - just take off packaging, straighten up bulb, apply water, wait a while and a chocolate colour flower will bloom - 14.99 euros. You could even get two!

I love gardening and would love any (or all) of the following:- A pot for growing strawberries

[broken link removed]

A wheelbarrow, lots of good garden manure (available in garden centres), or a good pair of secateurs.​

Hi Cnu, If you want to spend up to €50 ,you could buy maybe something like a sundial mounted on a plinth or some sort of sundial. Have a look in a decent garden centre.

I would suggest you go to a good Garden Centre and ask them to show you a nice pot with a nice few shrubs or one large shrub like box and they might even plany it for you. You should get something nice for 50euro. If she has a large garden you could get her a small apple tree (around 35 euro) or some lillies in a pot (might be too late to plant these?).
My suggestion is to go to a reputable garden centre who can advise on the type of soil she has and what grows best and make an informed decision.

Why not spend the money on some round up. Spray and kill her garden. She will then have the whole garden to do all over again - the present that keeps on giving !

fobs said:
I would suggest you go to a good Garden Centre and ask them to show you a nice pot...
Actually, that's an even better suggestion than my original one... ;)

Except that if she's a keen gardener, she probably already has a plentiful supply of bulbs/small shrubs/trees for (trans)planting — and knows what to do with them — so maybe it would be better to just spend the €50 on a really nice/big decorative pot, and maybe a couple of bags of granite chips/pebbles?

A quality garden shears. I go through one every couple of years. Not worth while getting them sharpened, too costly and never as sharp as an original. Difficult to wrap though......

just bought my sister a miniature cherry tree in a nice pot for €49.99 for her birthday in Gardenworks Clonee. She liked it and shes' mad ( about her garden).......

Thanks a Mill Guys,

Well, I bot this nice glass-flower vase with some live-plant with yellow-flowers in it. The host liked it soo much, am glad that she dint have this kinda stuff before.

I bot this from Dunnes Stores, for Euro 49.99.

keep asking about money :)
Cnu

Back