What extra charges do I need to look out for with Gomo?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
This is all I can find
1614152750617.png

1614152800554.png

If it's all calls , then why is there something "outside your inclusive allowances"?

Then, under additional charges, I see this:

1614152871022.png
Why is there a reference to Irish mobiles and landlines?

"All calls and texts" has no exceptions on it?

Premium Numbers, International calls, Roaming outside the EU.

Apart from that I think your the inclusive should cover you.

Unlimited minutes and SMS allowances where applicable are subject to a fair usage allowance of 45,000 minutes and 10,000 SMS.

I have 2 SIMS at 9.99 each (earlier price) and find it hassle free. I've had one or 2 months with additional costs where I have called internationally.

Thanks 1970

For some reason it never occurred to me that international calls were not covered?

So if I call a UK mobile on my gomo number , I have to pay for it?

Where do I find out how much it costs?

And now that the UK has left the EU, if I use my phone in the UK, do I have to pay?

There is a tab 'other charges' Brendan that has full details but for UK and other EEA countries the following applies

Make Call €0.30/min Receive Call Free Send SMS €0.15 Voicemail Rates Free Data Per MB €4.31/gb

Here is where I got my info Brendan

gomo.ie/pricing

1614156574774.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like Irish charges outside your "inclusive allowances" although I have no idea how you can go outside your inclusive allowances if it covers "all calls and texts".

~If you click on the 'click here' Brendan and scroll down to page 2 there is further detail.

Yes and it is consistent with the 30 cent per minute I quoted.

Make Call €0.30/min Receive Call Free Send SMS €0.15 Voicemail Rates Free Data Per MB €4.31/gb

Those rates apply to standard use above the fair usage allowance so in reality it would be very hard to reach.
6.2 Unlimited minutes and text allowances where applicable in the SIM Only Service are subject to a fair usage policy of 45,000 minutes and 10,000 SMS. Standard call and text rates apply to usage in excess of these limits, see our website for a full list of Charges.

It doesn't appear to have updated terms for the UK (roaming) but I would imagine that worst case scenario it would fall under the 'Rest of Europe' for roaming charges

Region​
Make Call​
Receive Call​
Send SMS​
Voicemail Rates​
Data Charging​
Africa€2.99/min€2.99/min€0.39€2.99/min€0.10/MB (€99.99 / GB)
Americas€1.99/min€1.99/min€0.39€1.99/min€0.10/MB (€99.99 / GB)
Asia€2.99/min€2.99/min€0.39€2.99/min€0.10/MB (€99.99 / GB)
EEA€0.30/min *Free€0.15 *Free€4.3050/GB *
Frequent Travel DestinationsSee full breakdown here€0.03/MB (€29.99/GB)
Rest of Europe€1.99/min€1.99/min€0.39€1.99/min€0.03/MB (€29.99/GB)
USA€1.99/min€1.99/min€0.39€1.99/min€0.03/MB (€29.99/GB)

UK roaming charges might be worth it's own thread once travel resumes to some level of normality

I switched at launch in Oct 2019. Only excess charges I've incurred were a few overseas sms messages and a couple of urgent voice calls. Apart from that the bill is €9.99 most months. I was 30 years with Vodafone(eircell) and the GoMo service is every bit as good at a fraction of the price. And I haven't experienced any coverage issues. Just don't think about using it for any international services (voice, data or sms).

same as freelance

missus and my private phone on the 9.99 deal
Mrs G uses the phone no issues coverage is good

I tend to use the work phone so no extra charges.

Thanks 1970

For some reason it never occurred to me that international calls were not covered?

So if I call a UK mobile on my gomo number , I have to pay for it?

Where do I find out how much it costs?

And now that the UK has left the EU, if I use my phone in the UK, do I have to pay?
GoMo is great for all calls and texts to Irish numbers. you should also add the Zadarma app to your phone and use it for any international calls. I've being using it for almost a year and find it great. Cheap calls to USA and UK etc.

We have 3 in our household, since January 2020 @ 9.99.
The only extra charges I have been charged, are for 1) MMS messages received. Things like, friends putting a picture into an SMS text message, these are technically MMS messages, and are chargeable, & 2) International SMS texts received from someone who was travelling abroad.
Never amounted to more than 20 or 30 cent.

Does it work if you are in America and calling Ireland?
Yes, but at €1.99 per minute for an incoming or outgoing call, there are many more cost effective options, like whatsapp call.
If travelling to America is a regular thing, you would be better off, with a prepad U.S. sim, if you need to make and receive non internet based calls

Back