What does c. €420k get you in Dublin property...

• Thread starter Wouldbeguru
  • Start date
W

Wouldbeguru

We have around €420,000 to spend on a home in Dublin. This does not include allowing for stamp duty, which we will also fund- but 420,000 is what we can offer for a property-

We are cash buyers- i.e. cash and mortgage and can close quickly on any sale.

We are flexible are regards areas and types of home- but preferably 3 bedooms at least.

Any advice??

Thanks in advance...

try for a house outside dublin you would get a far faar better house for less and for example portaloise is only 45 min or so by train from dublin.
think outside the box.

Have a look at Arklow. Beside the sea, housing way cheaper than dublin and for example - its only 30mins to bray and 50 mins to tallaght etc look on myhome.ie for good idea

Hi there,

420 K - on the southside for a 3-bed you'd have to go for Dublin 12 or Dublin 24, also Inchicore, Palmerstown and Ballyfermot. All of these have good and not so good areas, most of which are discussed in the Location, location, location forum. Don't know much about the northside, but probably Cabra, Finglas, Swords, Donabate, Donameade, Clondalkin, Clonsilla...

Re: What does c. €420k get you in Dublin Property...

Clondalkin is on the southside Petal :)
On the northside you could also add in parts of Whitehall, Donnycarney and Beaumont (ex corpo houses needing work)
I have to say I disagree with some of the other posters - IMHO it's better to be closer to Dublin than to have a bigger house in an outlying area - if your work and life is in Dublin. Totally your decision of course but I think commuting is very very stressful...

Opps! Of course, sorry about geographically moving Clondalkin... And I totally agree with the commuting issue - AVOID at all cost! Most of the people sitting around me in the office commute, and the stories I hear all the time about delayed, cancelled and packed trains is so offputting, I would not consider it for a minute!

hi there,

friends of mine bought a 3 bed ground floor apartment in charlesland in greystones- beautiful location, excellent facilities, dart to city, apartment is as spacious if not more so than a house and is laid out like a bungalow with patio - they were lucky enough to purchase for 360k about 3 months ago...no stamp duty as owner occupier and property below the size limit for duty....

moneypenny

Houses in Greenhills Dublin 12, areas like greenpark, James Road, Josephs road, are all "starting" at 440k and up. Areas in tallaght, Kilnamanagh/Kingswood are going from anything from 420k up to 490k. The reason I know is I've been bidding in these areas. Whatever you do, I'd get looking smart, as soon as those SSIA's come out, buyers will have that little bit more to bid!

Re: What does c. €420k get you in Dublin property...

East Wall/North Wall

Awaiting extension of Luas line, close to IFSC and city centre (€6 euro in a taxi for example), choice is considerable, if u look hard enough u could even have cash to spare from ur 420K

in my view it is a great spot if u work in or near dublin city centre

all depends on personal circumstances of course!!!

you may be able to pick up something in Ringsend / irishtown area if proximity to town was v. important. Dart station now in Barrow street and also in Lansdowne. You may still need to refurbish at that price. Also - Lucan would be an option to get a relatively new house (or brand new) with mod cons. Your question is v. vague over all so I guess you'd need to prioritize what's important - do you have (or plan to have) children, are you looking for something that is within a stones throw of the city centre or some other part of Dublin? Do you want apartment living or is that option out ?

You would'nt get much for 420k - duplexes, triplexes (doubtful) or 2/3 bed apartments would be the best buys for that money.
A word of warning when scouting around myhome.ie and daft.ie - for a 3bed semi type house you're probably looking at 20% above the price listed - so in reality 380K list price is about your limit.
The advantage with new builds remember is that there will not be stamp duty.

dubinamerica said:
you may be able to pick up something in Ringsend / irishtown area if proximity to town was v. important. Dart station now in Barrow street and also in Lansdowne. You may still need to refurbish at that price. Also - Lucan would be an option to get a relatively new house (or brand new) with mod cons. Your question is v. vague over all so I guess you'd need to prioritize what's important - do you have (or plan to have) children, are you looking for something that is within a stones throw of the city centre or some other part of Dublin? Do you want apartment living or is that option out ?
Lucan is great for town during non peak hours. I could be on the quays in 10 minutes.

The Kildare train line seems to be over subscribed at the moment.

No advertising of houses for sale please. See the Posting Guidelines if you are confused.

Wouldbeguru said:
We are flexible are regards areas and types of home- but preferably 3 bedooms at least.

Traffic in Dublin, like most capitals, can reach mad levels during the ever extending rush 'hour' so if you are going to be working in Dublin the location of your work place should influence your decision.

Back