What documentation should I ask UB for?

@Editiono no the rate wasn't specified. Reading through it you realise how badly drafted it is. I wonder though how loan offers have these typographical errors on them. I read of one person having the same wording who got a tracker back but at a higher rate. With my case they are adamant that it is an error and that if I want to take it further I have to go to the ombudsman.

@fla
Not sure am I hearing this right
Your contract specified you were entitled to a tracker?
But Ulster Bank said this was a typo?
You with the help of a mortgage expert accepted this and took payment of €2,500 in compensation?
You can still go to ombudsman which I think you should.
If UB said you were not impacted that sounds like you are included in the review.
And even though they deem you not impacted now, that may change in the future.

Last edited:
@moneymakeover as stated in my previous post, there was a defined term of "Tracker Mortgage" on the loan offer page but it was only on that page and yes the bank said it was a typo. I opted for a 3 year fixed rate when I took out my mortgage so it's not quite the same as others who took out a tracker rate and then opted to fix. Yes a mortgage expert said I should accept the €2,500 (another expert wouldn't even look at my query because it didn't have the wording that stated that I've have a tracker rate for the lifetime of the mortgage) and although I did not elaborate in my post - I didn't take it. I was explaining to @Editiono what happened when I was dealing with the bank. The bank wouldn't deal with me any further and I lodged a complaint with the Ombudsman and that's where I am at now. :)

@fla Just to let you know after I sent in the complaint, I got a letter from the TME Team at Ulster Bank to say my accounts are part of the Central Bank Review and they cannot deal with my complaint until the review is finalized which will be next year at this stage

Reactions: fla
@fla have you heard anything yet from UB or FSO on your case? Am waiting very impatiently...last heard on 2nd Feb, that review of my account would be finalised in 4-6 weeks so that's between Friday and the 16th march but won't hold my breath!

Back