what do u pay for car insurance

my g-friend got insured the other day just under 1100euro....just got Provisional insurance, cannot drive....this is a joke....i've got my own full licence for 2years and 2 yrs NCB driving a 00,1ltr rover 200 and my insurance is only 33euro cheaper

Yes that is something i can't figure out im driving 7 years paying €700 a year fully comp with full licence and my friends cant drive and they got quotes for €1000 - €1200. Where do they get the figures from or how do they let people that cant drive on the road with insurance so cheap its crazy dont think il ever understand it

Male, 28, full ncb, no points, claims, convictions, modified Toyota Supra Twin Turbo - €3240 + over a grand a year tax

Carmageddon! said:
Male, 28, full ncb, no points, claims, convictions, modified Toyota Supra Twin Turbo - €3240 + over a grand a year tax

Looks like you may be a candidate for XS Insurance (recently launched). Lower premiums for higher risk drivers/cars, but the excess is high: €4000 for a male and €2000 for a female. No 'no claims bonus' involved.

P.S. I have no connection with XS Insurance, and am not necessarliy recommending them as insurers.

But I wonder...........my current excess is something like €250. If, at renewal time, I went to QD and said that I was willing to accept an excess of €4000 on my policy, what difference would this make to my premium?

Cahir said:
Beware of Quinn Direct when trying to switch to another company. They wouldn't insure my car I bought last year so had no option but to change companies to Hibernian (the only one who'd insure me!) and had so much hassle from Quinn Direct I almost killed them!!!

My insurance is €1024 fully comp for a 1.6 convertible - I'm 27 yr old female.

Cahir, that seems expensive for a 1.6 convertible. A lot of insurers treat ALL convertibles as sportscars, whereas many of them are not sportscars. I used to own a convertible and found Axa were the best - they treated Coupé and Cabriolet models equivalently.

Thanks MB, but as I said Axa wouldn't insure me unless I'd already been with them 5 years so that was out of the question. I got a quote through 123.ie with Hibernian and it was over twice the price that I actually got with hibernian - mental!

I don't understand why some posters have had difficulty changing Insurance company. I thought companies were legally obliged to send out no - claims certs in advance of renewals precisely so that punters could change insurance co. should they choose to do so. Quinn direct send me out the no claims cert about a month in advance of renewal so I can go where ever I like provided I let them no in advance of the renewal date that I am leaving them. Thats' fair enough with me.

female, 27
03 Seat Ibiza 1.2L
NCB = 6 years
fully comp insurance with eaglestar for €479

I did a bit of shopping around, when insurance was due for renewal. Was with eaglestar last year... and this year they were still the cheapest.

-soc

Tesco are the best at €600 fully comp for my wife and myself (she's the main driver as she's been driving for 15+ years whereas I've only 5) on a 520i bmw 2000. Previous insurer eagle star wanted to charge us twice what we we paying them €700 to change to a 2004 version of the same car. Haven't had a year yet where we haven't had to change insurer in order to get the best deal.

Demoivre,

I was changing insurance companies after within the year because they wouldn't insure my car so that's why I had so much hassle with Quinn Direct. Wouldn't go back to them ever.

€450 Full Comp on '97 1.4 Civic. Male, Full Licence since 1992.
(Well actually my ins policy is currently suspended because I sold the Civic and am looking for a 01/02 Astra ;)).

Back