what do u pay for car insurance

U

Unregistered

Hi

Just wondering what people are paying for car insurance

Im a 24 year old female paying €700 this year on a 1.1 car driving since i was 17 first under my parents insurance now on my own policy

I'm renewing this month €654 (3p f&t) 2 years NCB 22 yo female 3rd prov licence
1.0l toyota yaris

Am 25 year old female, drving 05 corolla, just renewed this week and am paying 611 euro comp. i have 3 yrs no claim bonus and three years as a named driver. i have insured my partner on the car (27yrs old) fully comp also for the 611 euro. am in the south east.

€654 on prov lic is great mine is full licence who is insurance with?

has anyone used brittoninsurance.ie they seem very cheap but they are in donegal (would this be a prob for people in dublin)

Unregistered said:
€654 on prov lic is great mine is full licence who is insurance with?

has anyone used brittoninsurance.ie they seem very cheap but they are in donegal (would this be a prob for people in dublin)

Britton insurance will quote no matter what county you are in.

€612 on an 05 Mazda 3 1.6 with Allianz. 7 yrs no claims, 28 yr old male, full licence for five years. First time I've been able to move away from Quinn Direct, thank God I don't have to use them any more — the only thing you get from them is a disc for when you're stopped at a checkpoint. There's damn all customer service, no windscreen cover, they charge to do temp transfers to other cars, and are the most reluctant I've ever seen to pay out.

€485 fully comp with Axa, 3 years ncb, 3 years named driver experience, full licence with 2.5 years on 1.25 ford fiesta.

Insured with axa. Forgot to put down 26 years old, female. Started out with a renewal quote of €630, they dropped to €485 easily enough. I included ncb protection + windscreen cover but not the motor rescue, accidental death policy etc. Happy out with it, big change from almost 1500 euro 3 for third party, fire & theft 3 years ago when I first got policy in my own name!

friends of mine are only starting to drive 23 years old no expierence on the road and got insurance for €1100 i think that is crazy the way people get insured like this with no expierence at all on the road there should be a course they have to pass before been allowed on the road because this girl was nearly hitting off cars. Im driving 7 years and paying €720 24 year old female

my €654 is with quinn direct, I got a quote of 645 on insure.ie but stuck with QD as I can drive other cars on it. My other half is also with them 28, full licence 8 years 4 yrs NCB 2.0 mazda 323 paid €560

Agree their customer service isnt the best. Since we have both cars with them we tried to get a "deal" on house insurance and they were the dearest quote we got

Beware of Quinn Direct when trying to switch to another company. They wouldn't insure my car I bought last year so had no option but to change companies to Hibernian (the only one who'd insure me!) and had so much hassle from Quinn Direct I almost killed them!!!

My insurance is €1024 fully comp for a 1.6 convertible - I'm 27 yr old female.

I paid €401 for Fully Comp on a 1.8 Diesel Fiesta. 34 yrs old Male, 7 yrs NCB, country dweller. Wife named driver for free - she has her own car insured elsewhere. Insured with Eagle Star through the AA.

BB

€1300 fully comp, 03 Subaru Impreza WRX, Allianz. I'm 30 with full no claims.

€580 1.8 litre. 28 y.o. male. 5 yrs full licence, 7yrs no claims.

A lot cheaper than my first can seven years ago —*£2,550 (pounds) 3Party, F&T, when the car cost me £3,100!

I wonder if the insurance companies are ever gonna be regulated

Cahir said:
Beware of Quinn Direct when trying to switch to another company. They wouldn't insure my car I bought last year so had no option but to change companies to Hibernian (the only one who'd insure me!) and had so much hassle from Quinn Direct I almost killed them!!!

My insurance is €1024 fully comp for a 1.6 convertible - I'm 27 yr old female.

My 10 cents' worth of advice:

Axa aren't bad for insuring convertibles - some other companies treat all convertibles as sportscars, which many of them clearly aren't. The Peugeot 206 or Megane coupé / cabriolet are not sportscars, for example.

I also find it best to shop around for insurance at least once during the year and definitely several months before your car is due for renewal - although you will have to enter a fake "expiry date" on the online forms. This is to get a good idea of what the rates are out there. ...And if you find a bargain, switch mid-year - you will usually get your money back from your existing insurer or may get them to match the offer.

You may find that the renewal notice is not sent out in sufficient time for you to do enough research, even though there are new rules on the amount of time they should send. Or that the time of year you renew at is a busy time or an expensive time or whatever so that you are less inclined to shop around.

I find that companies are more prepared to haggle when you are new business; the default reduction on renewals or bargaining power seems lower than new business.

I find in fact that the best time way to haggle is simply to switch insurers very few years or at least to convincingly threaten to. If an insurance company really wants to keep you, they will match most offers.

Unfortunately (or fortunately!) my car is a sportscar and axa said they'd only insure me if I was already with them 5 years.

I switched from Quinn Direct to Hibernian 11 months into the policy (had been with them 4 years before this) so ended up losing a years no claims bonus with Hibernian because I didn't wait the full 12 months - didn't mind too much because if I'd waited the extra month I would only have saved €70 and possibly lost the car of my dreams!

We pay €800 fully comp for 1 x male 25 full licence & 1 x female 26 provisional licence on 02 reg 1.5 l car - 2 years ncb, soon to be increased to 3 & that's with AXA

im 23, male and have a 2000 micra thats not even a 1 litre! Insurance was 3,058. Crazy money. Thats not even fully comp. Just tpft

Back