What day/week exactly is JB payable, is it supposed to be in arreas?

Eng Car 1

Apologies for vagueness of title. I am confused as to when exactly the benefit is due to be collected from post office. Up to now I have received two amounts off social welfare JB from post office. One dated pay period 30/10/08 to 24/12/08. This included my back payment which I collected on 20/12/08. Then I went to post office on Monday of this week 29/12/08 for the period collected 25/12/08 to 31/12/08. Went to post office today to collect for this week, ie: 01/01/09 (current week) and was told that there was no payment due until next week. Surely this would mean that I would loose a week?

Payment day is Wednesday but it will usually be available at the Post Office on the Tuesday.

The payment week for JB is Thursday - Wednesday and is always paid in arrears, i.e. the payment collected on Wednesday pays for the previous 6 days. Wednesday is the official payment day - although sometimes Post Offices will pay it a day earlier to try to manage their increasing queues.

The payment you received up to 24/12 would normally have been due for collection on Wed 24/12 but was brought forward to 20/12 because of Christmas.

The payment you received on 29/12 was due for collection on Wed 31/12.

Your next payment is due for collection on Wed 7/1, which will pay for the period 1/1 - 7/1.

Thanks all for the replys, Gipimann that seems to make perfect sense now thanks very much.

Back