What besides toilet paper would you bring to a desert island?

You have to bring a book and then read some of the book out loud every day. Why? Because if you have no one to speak too, you would lose the ability to speak and understand english.

if I bring an irish book will i improve my ability to speak and understand irish? peig?

If you already can speak and understand Irish then yes bring Peig. In fact, read a page in Irish and translate it in english and write it down reading it aloud in the sand.

you would lose the ability to speak and understand english.

Sounds like the last time I met Lex, 4 hours in his company and the power of English had vanished and we only had a couple *ahem* of pints.

I think I win because I have brought the best things so far.

Not quite!

Because first you asked for a helicopter and a crate of beer which I would have been happy to let you have then you changed your mind and asked for men.

My private helicopter to escape the sharks and sharp reef

A crate of alcohol to enjoy before I take flight

Since you didn't specify which men I asked around and only 2 men were available they both seemed very keen to met you once I told them they'd be alone with you for 3 years with a crate of beer.

http://studentofeverything.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/smljack2.jpg

[broken link removed]

Day two on S.L.F. Island began, as most days in Paradise do, with sunshine and a light breakfast of fresh pineapple, coconut and two cans of Beamish. (S.L.F. never put any Barry's tea bags in the vending machine) :(

Once I realised that all the action was at the other end of the island, I set off on foot with a puppy I'd befriended the previous night when he turned up out of the blue as I roasted the wild pig I'd hunted and killed earlier. I've decided to call him Christy Ring. (CúLex didn't quite have a ring to it).

We found the 100 ft high rapid growing trees that S.L.F. had planted the previous week to be impenetrable so we had to resort to another plan. We returned to base camp to plan strategy and Christy began digging in the sand for what I presumed was a bone he had buried earlier. Imagine my delight when his digging revealed, not a bone, but Caveat's guitar, Bubbly Scot's bagpipes and Davy Jones's surf board!! And a king size board into the bargain!

Having been a wanna be boy scout in my youth, I placed Christy and the bagpipes on the front of the surfboard, hopped aboard behind him and, using Caveat's guitar as an paddle, we struck off for the other side of the island. Sorry, Cav., but desperate situations and all that! ;)

The shark infested waters were exactly that. However, we calmly negociated our way from the shore and headed for open waters. From there we had a view of the whole island, which was bigger than I had expected. After about an hour of paddling, storm clouds appeared on the horizon and we immediately made for land. We made shore about half way to the other side of the island. Having pulled the surf board above the high tide mark, Christy and myself began exploring our new surroundings. In no time at all we stumbled upon a recently constructed hut which appeared to be made of basic materials. It had a straw roof and.......sash windows......!!! :eek:

My loyal and trusted Christy ran inside and ascertained that no nasty surprises awaited us in there. There was a table, 3 chairs and a cupboard. Inside the cupboard I found a book with no cover and a can of draught Guinness. (A Purpellian trap, I wondered?) Not having been able to carry provisions on Davy's surf board, and being very thirsty from my exertions, I cracked open the can and drank from it. As soon as I did, however, I found myself spitting it out again because it tasted like....well.....Guinness! Yuck! Christy wouldnt touch it either.

The book with no cover began......"Seanbhean is ea mé anois atá cos léi san uaig is an cos eile ar a bhruach." My blood ran cold! Up the Déise and SandraT are in on this, I thought! Are they in league with S.L.F. or are they on my side and do they want to make sure that I don't end up like the guy 3 minutes and 30 seconds into this......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5TV_pdVtWc ??????????????

Day two on S.L.F. Island began, as most days in Paradise do, with sunshine and a light breakfast of fresh pineapple, coconut and two cans of Beamish. (S.L.F. never put any Barry's tea bags in the vending machine) :(

Once I realised that all the action was at the other end of the island, I set off on foot with a puppy I'd befriended the previous night when he turned up out of the blue as I roasted the wild pig I'd hunted and killed earlier. I've decided to call him Christy Ring. (CúLex didn't quite have a ring to it).

We found the 100 ft high rapid growing trees that S.L.F. had planted the previous week to be impenetrable so we had to resort to another plan. We returned to base camp to plan strategy and Christy began digging in the sand for what I presumed was a bone he had buried earlier. Imagine my delight when his digging revealed, not a bone, but Caveat's guitar, Bubbly Scot's bagpipes and Davy Jones's surf board!! And a king size board into the bargain!

Having been a wanna be boy scout in my youth, I placed Christy and the bagpipes on the front of the surfboard, hopped aboard behind him and, using Caveat's guitar as an paddle, we struck off for the other side of the island. Sorry, Cav., but desperate situations and all that! ;)

The shark infested waters were exactly that. However, we calmly negociated our way from the shore and headed for open waters. From there we had a view of the whole island, which was bigger than I had expected. After about an hour of paddling, storm clouds appeared on the horizon and we immediately made for land. We made shore about half way to the other side of the island. Having pulled the surf board above the high tide mark, Christy and myself began exploring our new surroundings. In no time at all we stumbled upon a recently constructed hut which appeared to be made of basic materials. It had a straw roof and.......sash windows......!!! :eek:

My loyal and trusted Christy ran inside and ascertained that no nasty surprises awaited us in there. There was a table, 3 chairs and a cupboard. Inside the cupboard I found a book with no cover and a can of draught Guinness. (A Purpellian trap, I wondered?) Not having been able to carry provisions on Davy's surf board, and being very thirsty from my exertions, I cracked open the can and drank from it. As soon as I did, however, I found myself spitting it out again because it tasted like....well.....Guinness! Yuck! Christy wouldnt touch it either.

The book with no cover began......"Seanbhean is ea mé anois atá cos léi san uaig is an cos eile ar a bhruach." My blood ran cold! Up the Déise and SandraT are in on this, I thought! Are they in league with S.L.F. or are they on my side and do they want to make sure that I don't end up like the guy 3 minutes and 30 seconds into this......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5TV_pdVtWc ??????????????

Good god you don't half talk do you!

Its no wonder your wife sent you to live on an island.

Anyway I don't believe you are on the island because you wouldn't be able to post on AAM if you really were on the island.....or maybe........you have your phone with you or you are throwing written records out on the bay and someone is posting them for you.

I must set up sweeping patrols to scour the island of any people who should not be there.

When you killed that pig was it very dark because I'm missing a dog its a fat bulldog, if you see it let me know there's a good chap.

That man I was telling you about he came back early and has made it to your end of the island he doesn't need to comeback the same way because he has left a small boat buried in the sand with a dried octopus and an urn shaped like a musical instrument.

He sure is taking his time getting back here!

I'm starting to come around to this way of thinking!

Me, Lex and a container full of Beamish.

Now if I can just find my dog we'll be off.

Back