What are we watching on TV?

Breaking Bad, fantastic, all of it, every episode, including the last one, where at long last a TV series ends properly.

Off to watch it all again now!

Breaking Bad, season 5 episode 16, Felina.

What to say about this that does not include detail of the episode ?

Happy at how the disparate story threads were resolved.
Happy at how the characters' fates have been mapped out.
Somewhat happy that I don't have to sit down for another episode with that fear over what might unfold. Episodes 13 (To'hajiilee) and 14 (Ozymandias) were, in a sense, the series finale. The last 2 episodes were about tidying up in the aftermath and 'chickens coming home to roost'.

It is easy to assume that there will never be a series like that again. The other contenders for 'BEST TV SERIES .. EVER !!!' each had their flaws when it came to closing off the story. The Sopranos ending needs no further discussion here. The last season of The Wire was probably the weakest of the five, the newspaper thread never engaged like the others (the Towers, The Greek and the Dockers, Hamsterdam, School system). The Shield is said to have closed off satisfactorily, but I never got into that and, at this stage, doubt that I could ever commit to 88 episodes. Deadwood was cancelled too soon.

While under the influence of the afterglow of the finale, I currently believe Breaking Bad to be top of the pile.

4 more sleeps until the return of love/hate

Will this be the end of nidge?
does Fran find out that Nidge did to his missus?
Is darren defo dead?
Is Tommy even more thick now?

So many questions to be answered.

I was really happy with this final episode of BB.

Sad that it ended, but happy for the main characters. It was quite an emotional episode. Loved the reflections.

I loved Tony Soprano so I can't say that Walt is my favourite character ever, but I really hated the way way the Sopranos ended.

Marion

I loved Tony Soprano so I can't say that Walt is my favourite character ever, but I really hated the way way the Sopranos ended.

The fun lives on forever. You're never quite sure whether he lived or got popped...

Dean Norris, who played Hank Schraeder, is, I believe, a guest on the Saturday Night Show with Brendan O'Connor this weekend.

This strikes me as a strange combination. I assume the usual audience for the SNS are not up to date with BB. If you're into watching content on box-sets, Netflix or, ahem, other sources, you're hardly like to choose to watch RTE on a Saturday night ?

Unless you're into 'Under the Dome', in which case, good luck to you :p

I was out last night and severely not good today. Given that it took me till 5pm to string a word together, I got into my jammies and watched the Late Late.

What the hell was Sinead O Connor like? Stroking her head and with ridiculous tattoos on her FACE! I thought Dolores O Riordan was grand, and I thought that Gay Byrne did a much better job of interviewing Ryan Tubridy than vice versa

BTW (and I will declare a personal interest here, Eddie Hobbs is on the Sat show. I saw it last year on his appearance and was moved to action over something, and it's an inspiring tale of 15 people who made something happen...!)

I almost missed The Paradise series 2 on bbc1 Sunday at 8pm. Dunno if it can match the first series re the Denise & Moray story, but I'm a sucker for these BBC dramas.

I almost missed The Paradise series 2 on bbc1 Sunday at 8pm. Dunno if it can match the first series re the Denise & Moray story, but I'm a sucker for these BBC dramas.

Usually love a BBC drama (especially a period one) but think this one is only so so, unless it picks up. Also I see it's on at 8pm so don't want to be sitting for 2 hours on a Sunday as Dowtown abbey is on at 9. Really helps get me through the glenroes.

I am a late comer to this but Luther is fascinating. Sure, the main lead has some of the stereotypical problems all DCI detectives seem to have, but from what I have seen so far he is not entirely dysfunctional and without an ability to get close to people.

My wife has long endured the male influence in terms of what we look at (she's saint!). I do however really want to watch Sons of Anarchy and am wondering if there is anything in there that might be female friendly.

My wife has long endured the male influence in terms of what we look at (she's saint!). I do however really want to watch Sons of Anarchy and am wondering if there is anything in there that might be female friendly.

Tough one !

Jax's baby with Maggie is quite cute & the nursery is well laid out & they have the most darling curtains in the living room .

Apart from that it's mostly bikes , violence , rape & pillage fueled by drugs & drink - kinda like Tramore in the good old days !

Apart from that it's mostly bikes , violence , rape & pillage fueled by drugs & drink - kinda like Tramore in the good old days !

Our Tramore was Brittas Bay.
Watching Inspector Montalbano, Revolution, Walking Dead and Haven and in between Gardener's World, Ear to the Ground and River Cottage to the Core. What a mix!

The most recent episode of The Big Bang Theory has a guest appearance from Bob Newhart as Professor Proton.

The guy is a brilliant comedic actor. His timing and delivery are go good, much better than the material he's given to work with in TBBT.

The most recent episode of The Big Bang Theory has a guest appearance from Bob Newhart as Professor Proton.

The guy is a brilliant comedic actor. His timing and delivery are go good, much better than the material he's given to work with in TBBT.

Great guy. He's in his mid 80's and is still very sharp.

:D

We're watching Sons of Anarchy at the moment and Mrs. Firefly loves it - we're on Season 3 and she thinks it's better than Breaking Bad. There are rough scenes in it for sure but the story and the characters are great. Bikers all over the place must be loving it.

we're on Season 3 and she thinks it's better than Breaking Bad.

:eek:
:mad:

I have watched all, bar the current season (6). The season set in Belfast has to be seen to be believed. The Oirish accents make Tom Cruise's efforts look *************************.

Back