VHI What are VHI FPP Cardiac Level 2

Monsoon

Hi
Im trying to lower my mams premium - she is on VHI Platnium renewal on 1/1/2013 around 4700K!! Looked at switching her to Company Plan Exec but it has partial cover for FPP Cardiac Level 2 - spent the last two hours trying to figure out what that actually means in English - can anyone help me out - she is in her 70s so cardiac is important - she wants to pay around 3K and hold the semi private in hi tech hospitals - if anyone knows where to find this elusive list of FPP cardiac Level 2s I would be very grateful!! Health is not too good so good cover is important and Im very nervous downgrading her as it is - its just gotten way too expensive.

Hi Monsoon!
I dont know if you have found the answer to this yet but there is actually only one procedure on this list at the moment. Its known as TAVI apparently. Heres some info on it:

Transcatheter aortic valve implantation:

With transcatheter aortic valve implantation, an artificial aortic heart valve attached to a wire frame is guided by catheter (thin, flexible tube) to the heart. Once in the proper position in the heart, the wire frame expands, allowing the new aortic valve to open and begin to pump blood. Suits patients who are deemed to high risk for open heart surgery and it carried out like keyhole surgery.

Back