What are the charges on Revolut?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I got the general impression that everything was free but I see this now

Will I be charged for cash withdrawal
Withdrawing cash with the Revolut multi-currency card. However, to be sustainable we have to employ a fair usage policy: Cash withdrawals are free up to £200 per month and anything over is charged 2%. Currency exchange transactions are also free up to £5,000 per month and anything over is charged 0.5%. You can check your remaining fee-free allowance any time under your current price plan in the 'Profile' section.

2% on cash withdrawals is huge. I think it would probably be cheaper on my credit card and I would get 28 days credit.

Realistically why would you need to withdraw cash? I have had the card for 1 year and never had to draw more than the £200 per month. If you operate a lot in cash then a revolut card is not probably for you. I have transferred large sums between the US / UK and Ireland and the fees are still cheaper than other options.

If you withdraw cash from an Irish ATM, you will also be charged the government's 12c tax - it's withdrawn from your Revolut account automatically.

I never use it to withdraw cash. I spend a lot of time in Spain, and the local banks all charge for atm withdrawals afaik. Revolut may not charge, but u may get hit with a fee anyhow. Better to use for tap and/ or card payments. I usually bring a small amount of cash with me to avoid these charges and to cover tips etc.

withdraw cash from an Irish ATM, you will also be charged the government's 12c tax

Hi gipimann

I wasn't aware of that but I see it's capped at €2.50 a year.

If you take out €350 on a Revolut card, they will charge you €3!

Brendan

Agreed with comments above that the main purpose of Revolut is digital / mobile payments. Cash withdrawals should be rare and are free up to 200 EUR and more on the non-basic package.

As cash usage continues to decline, less and less people are withdrawing large sums per month.

With an Irish bank you will pay 3.5% in FX fees with a non-EUR withdrawal.

The fees associated with the different Revolut packages on on their website and I have put them previously in the best buys thread.