What are the charges on Revolut?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I got the general impression that everything was free but I see this now

Will I be charged for cash withdrawal
Withdrawing cash with the Revolut multi-currency card. However, to be sustainable we have to employ a fair usage policy: Cash withdrawals are free up to £200 per month and anything over is charged 2%. Currency exchange transactions are also free up to £5,000 per month and anything over is charged 0.5%. You can check your remaining fee-free allowance any time under your current price plan in the 'Profile' section.

2% on cash withdrawals is huge. I think it would probably be cheaper on my credit card and I would get 28 days credit.

Realistically why would you need to withdraw cash? I have had the card for 1 year and never had to draw more than the £200 per month. If you operate a lot in cash then a revolut card is not probably for you. I have transferred large sums between the US / UK and Ireland and the fees are still cheaper than other options.

If you withdraw cash from an Irish ATM, you will also be charged the government's 12c tax - it's withdrawn from your Revolut account automatically.

I never use it to withdraw cash. I spend a lot of time in Spain, and the local banks all charge for atm withdrawals afaik. Revolut may not charge, but u may get hit with a fee anyhow. Better to use for tap and/ or card payments. I usually bring a small amount of cash with me to avoid these charges and to cover tips etc.

Agreed with comments above that the main purpose of Revolut is digital / mobile payments. Cash withdrawals should be rare and are free up to 200 EUR and more on the non-basic package.

As cash usage continues to decline, less and less people are withdrawing large sums per month.

With an Irish bank you will pay 3.5% in FX fees with a non-EUR withdrawal.

The fees associated with the different Revolut packages on on their website and I have put them previously in the best buys thread.

Back