Motor What about optional extras like windscreen insurance and NCB protection?

Looking for a quote on Zurich website and see there is an option for 'social, domestic and pleasure' use and also 'social, domestic, pleasure and commuting'. Haven't seen this one before.
Really. That's been around for years as far as I recall.

Taking out a policy with Allianz via chill.ie and this is one of the disclosures

Have not had any accidents or claims*, regardless of blame, on any motor vehicle within the last 5 years regardless of any NCB protection you may have had (*other than claims disclosed on this application)

Brendan

Apparently there is a big change in the disclosure rules for taking out new insurance policies starting in September. Insurers will have to ask specific questions as opposed to "is there anything which could affect the application" type questions.

Perhaps a person with protected NCB would feel they didn't have to disclose a claim and this is their way of making things clearer.

Perhaps a person with protected NCB would feel they didn't have to disclose a claim and this is their way of making things clearer.
Unless major changes are planned, protected NCBs only apply with your current insurer, and haze zero value when switching. I doubt that will change.

I know that Leo, I was suggesting that the insurance companies are covering themselves by spelling it out.

Apparently there is a big change in the disclosure rules for taking out new insurance policies starting in September.
Wasn't there a change a few years ago where you were no longer required to disclose minor infractions from years ago??

Back