Wexford

H

Holidaymaker

I plan to holiday in Wexford next September for 6 days approx. I'd welcome advice on where to stay places to visit, things to do etc. etc.
I'm a single 30 something gentleman.

Thanks in advance.

If you're still into clubs/discos, Wexford town doesn't have any.

wex

Gosh John that was helpful.

Many sights in wexford. Enniscorthy - vinegar hill, castle and heritage centre. Spot of lunch in rackards or the antique. Wexford town has lovely restaurants. sightseeing in the region include a visit to hook head - a must, curracloe beach for a nice walk.

I'm sure others can contribute more.

Yes I'm aware of all of those - I'm from Wexord town. I only mentioned the club situation as you are 30 so it may have been an issue. You're obviously more into museums etc than clubs - whatever floats your boat.

Holidaymaker: For accommodation try the Slaney Manor, a superior B&B, at Ferrycarrig, on the New Ross Rd. just outside of Wexford town. It has rooms in converted stables, etc. away from the main house, which may be of interest to you as a single man in your 30s as you never know your luck. Then you could check out these pubs: the Centenary Stores, Charlotte St., the Dry Dock Bar in the Ferrycarrig Hotel, the Sky and the Ground in Sth Main St. or the Antique Tavern in Enniscorthy. Then go for a seafood meal in Lobster Pot in Carne or try the Mange Tout on Main St . Visit Dunbrody Abbey, the emigrant ship in New Ross, Duncannon fort, the Hook lighthouse, the National Heritage Park at Ferrycarrig, the John F. Kennedy Arboretum in New Ross, look at the birds (feathered variety) in the Wexford Slops and go on to Curracloe to see where Saving Private Ryan was filmed, and travel across to Waterford on the ferry from Passage West. That should keep you occupied.

Dont miss the Hook Lighthouse. Lunch or any meal in Kehoes in Kilmore Quay is excellent.

Thanks guys for all the info.........and by the way John I'm not into the disco scene but would love to meet some local single girls while there !! any ideas???

No idea I'm afraid. I have a wexford wife also but I had to go to Dublin to find her.

hi holiday maker......i could give you the address of a couple of brothels if you like (only kidding)..

...try the centenary stores..good pub-late bar...also try the crown and the ferryman...all are very close to each other..

Back