Westport or where west?

bskinti

Where a couple would spend a few nights in the west?, Westport maybe or achill but which hotel, I would like to overlook clew bay or something not just a street, also love a big lobby and nice restaurant, I hate those little cramped receptions, I just like somewhere with a view, Anywhere out there boys an gals?.

any where around the n59, killary harbour and lenaun -its amazing scenery.unreal. if going to stay in westport itself stay away the westport woods hotel. its fairly dingy.

ya also cant beat galway city.

any where around the n59, killary harbour and lenaun -its amazing scenery.unreal. if going to stay in westport itself stay away the westport woods hotel. its fairly dingy.

ya also cant beat galway city.

with the water situation in Galway at present Mayo might be a better option.

mulranny in westport, website. [broken link removed]
Is a definete sport, over looks clew bay, fairly reasonable, and is only 30mins away from achill. Take a look at the pics on the website, although they do a lot of weddings there at the weekends, so it could be fairly hard to get accomadation, it definetly worth a try, there is also very good reveiws about this hotel on www.tripadvisor.co.uk

Pontoon Bridge Hotel out in Pontoon, Mayo - great location! fab views across the lake from the restaurant. Poky enough reception and but you can't have it all. Great staff - all in all I'd recommend it.

Pontoon Bridge Hotel out in Pontoon, Mayo - great location! fab views across the lake from the restaurant. Poky enough reception and but you can't have it all. Great staff - all in all I'd recommend it.

was at a wedding there and the food was fantastic, always go back for meals anytime I am in Mayo, top class every time, they have an adv on local radio that says "the only thing we overlook is the lake" and I have to agree.

hey the OP asked about Westport not Galway so stop trying to poach our visitors :)
No idea which hotel to go for, but there are a couple of very good restaurants I know of in Westport. You might bump into Matt if go do the very touristy thing and visit Matt Molloys pub. Nice pints and some good sessions also.
I would recommend staying Westport and go to Achill for day if so inclined.
Otherwise have option of going Louisburgh, Leenane and even Cliften.
You can buy plenty bottled water in Mayo for trip into Galway.

Back