Westbury Estate or Grange Manor in LUCAN

MB2010

Hi,

We are thinking about buying a 4 bed house in Lucan and have found one in Westbury Estate (beside Superquinn) and one in Grange Manor that we like. Both of the estates are in Esker Parish. While it would have been my preference to send my daughters to school in St Mary's parish, I am finding that there's very little that's nice within our budget (max 330k) and I believe that the schools in Esker are good (maybe someone could confirm this). Grateful for any advice on either estate.

Many thanks in advance

Ok, it appears that grange manor is now out of our reach. does anyone have any views on westbury court estate (beside superquinn). the asking price is lower and there's less interest in it even though it's a lovely house. i'm wondering is this because it's beside adamstown? on the plus side, it's walking distance to schools, shops and the village. some houses in lucan appear to be snapped up lately for more than i reckon they are worth. not sure why this is happening.

Westbury Court is a very nice estate. I don't live there but have friends who did live there up to last year. It is an estate that has matured nicely over the years, is well kept, and is largely owner-occupied, as far as I know.
I would consider the location good, it is, as you have said, w/in walking distance to the shops, schools and village. It is also very convenient for the bus to town. The local primary schools have a good reputation. I am not aware of any negative impact in relation to Adamstown. Very best of luck with whatever you decide.

I lived in Lucan for seven years and if I had a choice I would pick Westbury over Grange. Having said that, I havent seen how close Adamstown is to it. I am actually very surprised that Grange is more expensive - would have thought it the other way round to be honest.

Back