Wellington Court Phibsboro D7

P

phoenix_n

Anyone know anything about the new development gone on sale this week by DNG. Wellington Court in phibsboro. 50 apts with prices from 320 for 1 bed and 375 2 bed. Looks like an alright development as close to city centre .

Re: Development - Wellington Court Phibsboro D7

I wouldn't call the area Phibsboro to be honest...the residential area behind is known as Broadstone and this development is on the corner of Mountjoy Street/Nelson Street. It is right beside the An Oige youth hostel (the building used to be Mountjoy Street girls school). It has retail units on the ground floor which would put me off, however it is a prime location in terms of proximity to the city. Phibsboro shopping centre and Mountjoy site are to be redeveloped in the coming years. One of the prettiest little parks in Dublin the 'Basin' is right beside it.

It sure is prime location. Its not often a new small development in the city can you get a 4th floor 2 bed ensuite for 400,000 with full length balcony. I had the same doubts on the retail front but the apartments are dual aspect with a promising inner courtyard. I went for the plunge anyway so lets see.........

Lauren said:
I wouldn't call the area Phibsboro to be honest...the residential area behind is known as Broadstone and this development is on the corner of Mountjoy Street/Nelson Street. It is right beside the An Oige youth hostel (the building used to be Mountjoy Street girls school). It has retail units on the ground floor which would put me off, however it is a prime location in terms of proximity to the city. Phibsboro shopping centre and Mountjoy site are to be redeveloped in the coming years. One of the prettiest little parks in Dublin the 'Basin' is right beside it.

I've taken one of the 2nd flr 2-beds facing Mountjoy St, so hello neighbour!
And to add to Lauren's comments, I've lived around the NCR / Phibsboro area for a while, and i think that site is a great location.
There are more developments planned for the area - at the side of the black church; on dorset st; old wax museum site; and at the end of mountjoy st.
The agent told me that they're trying to change the planning permission to get a spar/convenience store in the ground floor - original plans where for doctor, dentist, etc and a creche in the middle. Am not sure about whether a spar would be a plus or a minus overall.

Greeting neighbour. Have taken one of the 2 beds on the 4th floor. Have lived around Phibs on and off for about 4 years. It really is close to the city. The fact that the apartments are dual aspect is one of the reasons why i went for it. The internal corridor , which is exposed, might be a really cool feature.

Were you are the waiting list ?
Did you go for parking?
Do you think Dec is realistic date for completion.

Might view the plans at the council. Probably would prefer for there to be no Spar but at the end of the day i'm happy that i can just stroll into work.

kitm said:
I've taken one of the 2nd flr 2-beds facing Mountjoy St, so hello neighbour!
And to add to Lauren's comments, I've lived around the NCR / Phibsboro area for a while, and i think that site is a great location.
There are more developments planned for the area - at the side of the black church; on dorset st; old wax museum site; and at the end of mountjoy st.
The agent told me that they're trying to change the planning permission to get a spar/convenience store in the ground floor - original plans where for doctor, dentist, etc and a creche in the middle. Am not sure about whether a spar would be a plus or a minus overall.

Hi, I actually put down a booking deposit last December - they released 3 1-beds and 3 2-beds on the 2nd floor. At that point I don't think it was even listed on the DNG website - i called the agent after seeing the sign on the site. Initially wasn't going to take a carspace (as i don't have a car!) but changed my mind when it came to signing contracts (solicitor advised me to take car space if i could stretch to it), and am glad i did!
I was originally given a completion date of October, and the agent at the time (not the same agent at DNG who is dealing with the development now) said that the developer had advised August/Sep, so he thought Oct was quite realistic. Obviously, not a hope of that! I pass the site quite a lot (no 10 bus route), and it looked like progress slowed down for a while in the spring when there was a lot of rain. I think the underground carpark is complete, and as the 4th and 5th floors are 'recessed', the concrete work might be complete-ish. I haven't a clue how long it takes to build stuff, but i'd love to be in before christmas.

on another note - noticed that one of the pubs on dorset st has been re-vamped and renamed 'aurora'. Don't think it'll be long before there's a better selection of pubs and restaurants around that area.

Seems to be progressing alright. I was given a completion date of December. I pass it everyday ( down north frederick street ) on the bike and they do seem to be busy. Funny, never noticed the build until i bought.
Walked thru the basin yesterday and you get a great view of the back of build. Have a look.

Where is that bar ? (btw there is a nice cafe across from the build)

Hi, the bar is 'aurora', on the corner of Dorset St and Blessington St.
Is it the 'lovin spoon' cafe on Nth Frederick St you mean? Or the Matassa takeout (which is directly opposite the site)?!

Tnks. Must check it out.

kitm said:
Hi, the bar is 'aurora', on the corner of Dorset St and Blessington St.
Is it the 'lovin spoon' cafe on Nth Frederick St you mean? Or the Matassa takeout (which is directly opposite the site)?!

I presume the café is the one on the corner of Blessington Street and Mountjoy Street opposite Mountjoy Motorcycles? Can't remember what it's called.

The seem to have been taken off of myhome.ie but are still on the dng site. Not sure if this might mean they are sold out but as far as I'm aware (having bought last week) there are the penthouses and some other 1 & 2 still available. Good luck if you are going for one...

There seems to be a problem with regard to title in that my mate who is also buying has been informed by their solictor that they do not recommend to proceed owing to tilte qualifications.

In fact the solictor would require an indemnity should he still want to proceed.

Anybody else get simmilar advice from their solictor ?

I wasn't told anything like that, and i've already signed contracts, so that worries me a bit.
What about your own solicitor? Would be curious if the problem is considered relatively common in inner city developments where the land being developed was originally a number of separate properties.

kitm said:
I wasn't told anything like that, and i've already signed contracts, so that worries me a bit.
What about your own solicitor? Would be curious if the problem is considered relatively common in inner city developments where the land being developed was originally a number of separate properties.

Its a little unusual though for a new build in that the developers normally make sure they sort all all these details as you will have (in this case) 52 separate parties looking at all info regarding title.

My solicitor is waiting for info back but he had simmilar issues. Its not a big deal in that the qualifications go back to '76 but it just a little sloppy on their side not to have had everything cleared up.

It would not necessarily mean that i would pull out in that i think they are good value and excellent location. My analysis of the current market is however making me a bit nervous about signing.

My mate (i pulled out previously) now has also pulled out of this development. Seemingly it now wont be ready for another 6 months.

The Aurora Cafe you mentioned is on the corner of Dorset Street, Eccles Street...Was in recently for a coffee..Really liked it...Heard its being run by the Tasy Options people further down on Dorset Street...I'll be back to try the food..

Back