Well known personalities - what are they like?

Roy Keane, saw him sitting at Dublin Airport one afternoon having a pint and quite happily signing authographs for anyone that asked. Very polite and nice and couldn't fault him.

Paul O'Connell appologised to me after he bumped into me with a bag, bit of a gentle giant, at least off the pitch

You're from Cork, right? ;)

I've never met O'Connell but I've never heard anyone say anything but good things about him. A friend (from Limerick) works in UL and said that he's a total gent. BTW, he's nothing good to say about O'Gara.

Well I can top ye all..
Ive met a very famous Irish man,hes on de telly and de radio...none other than ....Brendan Burgess!!!!!!!

You're from Cork, right? ;)

I've never met O'Connell but I've never heard anyone say anything but good things about him. A friend (from Limerick) works in UL and said that he's a total gent. BTW, he's nothing good to say about O'Gara.

yes, from de real capital boy

Weird thing about O'Connell was that it happened at Heuston Station during the snow earlier in the year. Everyone was wrapped up to the nines in big coats, hats and scarves and he had a sweatshirt and jeans on and no coat.

Think O'Gara has been given a hard time by the press in the past so he's probably a bit wary

Met a few of the Cork Hurlers in the past as well, Sean Og is a gent, as is Donal Og Cusack, they've quite happily done medal presentations and training sessions with kids and refused anything they were offered for it

Be careful...he might make you a mod :eek:

Yeah, I've seen him before as well. down in Kilkenny at Garrison Keillor, but I prefered to maintain my secret identity rathern then say hello. Plus, some of these media types.......:D

Interesting post in that thread by Teatime, showing an article from South Africa just before the Lions Tour that O'Connell captained. Unfortunately the author was spot on.

Paul O'Connell unfortunately heard a vicious rumour that Chuck Norris was around that weekend and was saving himself :D

I once asked Kathryn Thomas to dance in CFJs. She said no :-(

Its my only brush with someone famous.

A friend of mine met Paul O'Connell in Dublin couple of month back. this was after the nightclub so they went to the chipper together! The buddy rang me round haf 2 in the morning and said "Paul O'Connell wants to talk to you!" Chatted away on the phone to me for a couple of mins, sound skin.

Back