Well Done, R.T.E!

Lex Foutish

What a day's sport on R.T.E.

Wonderful coverage of our Grand Slam Champions' day in Cardiff, followed by The Premiership and topped off by the great Fight Night from The O2.

In the days of Sky Sports and Setanta Sports and pay sports and pay even more than that again sports, the tv licence fee seems very good value today! :)

Take a big bow, all concerned.

very lucky that everything wasn't on today (mothers day) because sport would have been banned

Excellent coverage all the way through. I just dread Pat Kennys efforts when the inevitable Late Late Show appearance happens.

p.s If R.T.E. are not going to do Cheltenham right don't do it at all.

Seriously! Do our heroes have to appear on that show for saddoes? Do they have nothing better to do on a Friday night?

What a day's sport on R.T.E.

Wonderful coverage of our Grand Slam Champions' day in Cardiff, followed by The Premiership and topped off by the great Fight Night from The O2.

In the days of Sky Sports and Setanta Sports and pay sports and pay even more than that again sports, the tv licence fee seems very good value today! :)

Take a big bow, all concerned.

Yes, Great to see them showing a foreign league on a sat night and ignoring the league in their own country:rolleyes:

Yes, Great to see them showing a foreign league on a sat night and ignoring the league in their own country:rolleyes:

They showed Bohemians and Shamrock Rovers on Friday night and MNS will be on Monday night.
So you wanted another match on Saturday? Is one game not enough?
Yes there was League of Ireland games on Saturday but sure no point sending a broadcast team if it had to go up against the rugby. They would have overlapped as the rugby coverage overran.

GAA on TG4 too over the weekend, credit where it's due to RTE Sport!

They showed Bohemians and Shamrock Rovers on Friday night and MNS will be on Monday night.
So you wanted another match on Saturday? Is one game not enough?
Yes there was League of Ireland games on Saturday but sure no point sending a broadcast team if it had to go up against the rugby. They would have overlapped as the rugby coverage overran.

GAA on TG4 too over the weekend, credit where it's due to RTE Sport!

But the premier league is on every week and as a licence payer i feel local before foreign. Sorry but thats how i feel.

If you want to watch it on sky or bbc away with you. But the national broadcaster spending that amount of time and money on a foreign league is not on.

I watch permier league football but i pay for it on sky. I don't want to see on it the national stations ahead of our own national league.

Just my thoughts as a licence payer ( oh and i and others have made this known to rte in the apst and will do in the future ).

Compared to the Irish leauge, then ofcourse.

My thoughts as a licence payer are, If you have to show football, show me a high quality league with international players.

So Davy have you been to many League of Ireland games to judge this on ?

Quality football with international players........titus bramble;)

I have no problem with showing the champions league as that is the European wide trophy. But a specific league over our own is what i don't like.

So Davy have you been to many League of Ireland games to judge this on ?

Quality football with international players........titus bramble;)

I have no problem with showing the champions league as that is the European wide trophy. But a specific league over our own is what i don't like.

Only ever seen it on TV and to be honest thats enough for me.

Only ever seen it on TV and to be honest thats enough for me.

So your one of the bar stool bragide....nuff said.

Go see some live soccer and bet you its better than anything you'll see on tv. Nothing like seeing the game in person compared to watchin it on tv.

Go see some live soccer and bet you its better than anything you'll see on tv. Nothing like seeing the game in person compared to watchin it on tv.

Ron, did you comment on the boxing and rugby over the weekend?. Where you qualified to do so?

I save my money for a proper game if you don't mind.

Ron, did you comment on the boxing and rugby over the weekend?. Where you qualified to do so?

I save my money for a proper game if you don't mind.[/quote]

Define proper ? How can you say its not proper if you have never been to a game. Thats like me saying slumdog millionaire didn't deserve the ocsar for best movie as i based my judgement on the trailer......

No i did not comment on the boxing and rugby as that was money well spent on national sporting events.

Proper game as in Rugby:D

RTE have to show a sport that most fans watch. I have never seen an Irish league jersey when out and about in Ireland but only because I am blinded by all the English ones. I would assume these people are license payers so do they not deserve to watch the sport they follow?

Quality football with international players

How many players from the League of Ireland are included in the squad for the upcoming Internationals?

Shay Given (Manchester City), Dean Kiely (West Brom), Kieren Westwood (Coventry; Alex Bruce (Ipswich), Damien Delaney (QPR), John O'Shea (Manchester United), Kevin Foley (Wolves), Paul McShane (Sunderland), Richard Dunne (Manchester City), Stephen Kelly (Birmingham), Steve Finnan (Espanyol), Kevin Kilbane (Hull), Darren O'Dea (Celtic); Aiden McGeady (Celtic), Damien Duff (Newcastle), Darron Gibson (Manchester United), Glenn Whelan (Stoke), Keith Andrews (Blackburn), Liam Miller (QPR), Stephen Hunt (Reading), Andy Keogh (Wolves); Caleb Folan (Hull), Kevin Doyle (Reading), Robbie Keane (Tottenham), Shane Long (Reading), Noel Hunt (Reading)

How many players from the League of Ireland are included in the squad for the upcoming Internationals?

Shay Given (Manchester City), Dean Kiely (West Brom), Kieren Westwood (Coventry; Alex Bruce (Ipswich), Damien Delaney (QPR), John O'Shea (Manchester United), Kevin Foley (Wolves), Paul McShane (Sunderland), Richard Dunne (Manchester City), Stephen Kelly (Birmingham), Steve Finnan (Espanyol), Kevin Kilbane (Hull), Darren O'Dea (Celtic); Aiden McGeady (Celtic), Damien Duff (Newcastle), Darron Gibson (Manchester United), Glenn Whelan (Stoke), Keith Andrews (Blackburn), Liam Miller (QPR), Stephen Hunt (Reading), Andy Keogh (Wolves); Caleb Folan (Hull), Kevin Doyle (Reading), Robbie Keane (Tottenham), Shane Long (Reading), Noel Hunt (Reading)

What your point ??? How many english players play for Aersnal ??

You go where the money is. Plus stoke, hull west brom, wolves, ipswich, birmingham, qpr, reading, blackburn, coventry.......not really world beaters.

That's quite a romantic notion but it doesn't change the fact that a dull game is dull both live or from the comfort of your sofa, except you have the luxury of turning it over from your sofa. The league of Ireland is below par and doesn't match up to the premier league and there just isn't the following in Ireland to justify putting it ahead of the premier league in the schedule.

Back