Welfare Payment?

gambitire

hi i applied for welfare allowance (JA) a few weeks ago,I'm just after reading about a backlog in payments?how long is this going to last?does it vary from area to area?...this is bad as i have no savings to rely on...what can i do?..if i have to wait for payment ill probably starve to death as i cant see myself getting any work in short term,theres nothing here...ive heard about the supplementary welfare allowance but im unsure about it...would i be turned away?...i'm really freaking out here....need help

try not to worry ,calm down.
supplementary welfare can be paid by a community welfare officer to someone who is awaiting another social welfare payment. my advice to you is get down to your local office as soon as possible and tell them your concerns .

hi i applied for welfare allowance (JA) a few weeks ago,I'm just after reading about a backlog in payments?how long is this going to last?does it vary from area to area?...this is bad as i have no savings to rely on...what can i do?..if i have to wait for payment ill probably starve to death as i cant see myself getting any work in short term,theres nothing here...ive heard about the supplementary welfare allowance but im unsure about it...would i be turned away?...i'm really freaking out here....need help
Contact your Community Welfare Officer to ask about the possibility of a Supplementary Welfare Allowance payment.

Supplementary Welfare Allowance (SWA)

Post crossed with liketoknow's.

i know what u mean about being calm and all that but im not....i cant see what im going to do...i feel sick in fact...

i understand how you feel , i was in that position not so long ago with two small children to feed.
the cwo will not leave you high and dry. if you certainly qualify for the allowance you have applied for then you will surely get supplementary welfare to tide you over.
there is light at the end of the tunnel.

thanks,im freaking b/c i basically haven't a bean....i should qualify but i was disallowed some time ago and i'm wondering does that impact decisions made or whatever....

liketoknow - What area are you in, I know a person in the limerick area who signed on last month and their payment came through after a week. Was there a valid reason why you were disqualified a while back?? Either way, you should definately go and make an immediate appointment with the CWO. Don't be panicking, it dosen't achieve anything.

Last edited:
well they claimed i wasnt genuinely seeking employment...but that was crap...i appealed but it was disallowed?

liketoknow - What area are you in, I know a person in the limerick area who signed on last month and their payment came through after a week. Was there a valid reason why you were disqualified a while back?? Either way, you should definately go and make an immediate appointment with the CWO. Don't be panicking, it dosen't achieve anything.

im in the eastern region.

well they claimed i wasnt genuinely seeking employment...but that was crap...i appealed but it was disallowed?

how could they assume you werent seeking employment!! how would they know like?
my dad was out of work recently, presented his p45 to the welfare office and received ja in two weeks, please god you will be sorted soon.

i know im in eastern region too...this country doesnt want its people to live...ive been trying to keeep my head above water since i was dissallowed like a year ago but i jus cant do it anymore...i dont have a p45 i can give so i guess im fcuked....

i dont have any transport,theres no local work where i live and i dont have any money to relocate for work,so i suppose im expected to go off and die somewhere quietly...dont cause a scene like

So were you? This makes it sound like you weren't.
i dont have any transport,theres no local work where i live and i dont have any money to relocate for work,so i suppose im expected to go off and die somewhere quietly...dont cause a scene like

You will have to get a new decision on your current claim. You will have to supply them with written evidence of your recent efforts to get work ... and make sure they are genuine efforts, not just names of local shops who haven't advertised for emplopyees!)

You should call to your local CWO immediately and they will pay you while you are awaiting that decision if you satisy the means test (by what you say, you should).

They is no point in ranting about the previous decision as you went through the appeal process, which is independent of SW and they disallowed your appeal thereby ageeing with the original decision. That is now over so concentrate of proving that you are satisfying the conditions on the current claim.

in reply to clubman,have u ever been unemployed?maybe u have a nice pensionable civil service job eh? ;) it isn't fair to assume that i wasn't,does because i happen to live outside of major cities with no transport structure in place mean i should be discriminated against?i don't think it does...lets get more "ethnics" over and give them more of our jobs now the country is finally on its roof...i want to work and u ain't making my day by painting me as a scrounger

Not sure what the relevance of this is but...
in reply to clubman,have u ever been unemployed?
Yes.
maybe u have a nice pensionable civil service job eh?
No.
;) it isn't fair to assume that i wasn't,does because i happen to live outside of major cities with no transport structure in place mean i should be discriminated against?
I just asked if you were genuinely seeking work. If you were not then SW were correct to reject your claim since you did not meet one of the key qualification criteria.
i don't think it does...lets get more "ethnics" over and give them more of our jobs now the country is finally on its roof...
Huh!?! :confused:
i want to work and u ain't making my day by painting me as a scrounger
I didn't. I just asked you to clarify some details about your original query.

If you don't want feedback on your situation then perhaps you should not post about it on a public discussion forum such as this. If you do want to post then you should read the posting guidelines (e.g. the one about personalised comments etc.) first. :rolleyes:

ok maybe was bit harsh but i posted looking for advice not judgement
So were you? This makes it sound like you weren't
makes me feel im being judged,i apolgise for any offence...im not racist just fed up

Back