Weights

Do you mean something like from possibly Argos? Son got his there and is very happy with them.

great, thanks Sueellen - saw this and just wasn't sure whether they were any good or not..
thanks!

Dont do what my brother did and walk to argos to buy them and then carry them home....he was exhausted by the time he reached the house.

sueellen said:
Do you mean something like from possibly Argos? Son got his there and is very happy with them.

What age is he...unsupervised use of weight under the age of up to 17 can be dangerous...hence gyms ban u-18 year olds from gyms usually.

off me if you want, bought them last year and used them twice. contact me above and i'll let you know the details (is that allowed?)

Hi Legend,

He's 18 and I would have to say does not use them enuf. He goes thru phases but appears to have done a lot of reading before using and is also guided by two cousins who are quite a bit older and use theirs a lot.

Casiopea also makes a very good point. We definitely needed the car when bringing them home.

I started using the small dumbells last year with the intention of progressing to more serious weights after a while - my coach invited me to train with his son (who is Irelands No. 1 ranked U17 swimmer) in the gym - however I only used them for about 4 months, because my entire land training regime fell apart due to a lack of time.... if only I had an MP3 player at the time I might have bben able to stick at it, because just sitting there lifting weights, doing pressups, and pushups can be incrediably boring and time consuming.

Back