weekend break

karly

I would like to go abroad for a weekend thur-sun.Looking for suggestions.It will be travel in April and looking for something a little different.Two couples will travel like to wine and dine.USA is as far as i would like to travel.Willing to spend but still want value.

I would like to go abroad for a weekend thur-sun.Looking for suggestions.It will be travel in April and looking for something a little different.Two couples will travel like to wine and dine.USA is as far as i would like to travel.Willing to spend but still want value.

Two words: NEW YORK

Aerlingus are doing cheap flights at the moment for april

I think NY is quite far for such a short time. We recently went to Vienna from Thurs-Sun and it was beautiful in every way. Personally I would prefer a European city break rather than a lengthy flight and possible jetlag.

Munich is a beautiful city and very nice in April, I believe Salzburg is superb also.

New York sounds great and am likely to opt for it.Has anyone tried RIGA as great value but know little about it?

I'd agree about NYC in that you may get better use of your time if you stick with a shorter flight...and won't be falling asleep over your dinner at 8pm! (Having said that, with the dollar as it is there's value to be had over there...and fantastic dining)

You can eat and drink well in cities all over Europe: Lisbon, Barcelona, Brussels etc.

You could also fly to somewhere like Paris and drive to a wine region such as Reims in Champagne in 1.5 hrs. Similar adventures could be had a short drive from Barcelona, Lyon, Geneva, Milan etc.

Using Thursday to Sunday you have a lot of options...look at aerlingus.com and you can check all their destinations for flight times and prices...same for Ryanair.

Back