weekend away - Ireland

Lambchops

Hi,

I am looking at booking a weekend away for my mum and her friend. My mum is ill and walks with a walker and her friend has been very good so wanted to treat them both. Neither of them drink but would love looking around shops, coffee shops, art & craft places and trad music in pubs etc..

Was torn between Kilkenny, Waterford or Galway. What do ye reckon. The hotel would need to be located beside the train/bus station as neither of them drive.

Any help appreciated - Thanks :)

if they like some entertainment at night theres live music in the gleneagle hotel in kilarney, the train stops in the town,lots of coffe shops etc,and the hotel runs a shuttle bus to the town. nice grub and good service, pool and jacuzzi. some specials on the net, seems cheapest to book directly with the hotel. bring a raincoat.

I would say Galway, as Sandals has said above, the hotels mentioned are near to the railway station and to the city centre.

I have no connection but the Ormonde Hotel in centre of Kilkenny City is ideal for a person who cannot get round too far.
Lots of nice coffee shops, and all types of shops in City.
A small train travels round the city to do the sites.
They will need to get taxi from the train station, cost €6. each way.
What about mid week it would be quieter and better value too.
I live in City I will be happy to do rail pickup and return,if I am around when they come. Contact me privately if you are interested.
Hope they are lucky with the weather too. Browtal

Back