Wedgewood, Sandyford, Dublin 16

Sjoyce7

Hi there, first time buyer here, viewed a house in Wedgewood Sandyford recently. Just wondering does anyone know much about the area? Is it safe/ quiet etc.? I think it looks fine but it's hard to tell when you don't know an area. It seems very handy for schools, shops, Luas etc. (saw some previous posts on here but they were from a few years ago, would be really grateful if anyone who lives there or knows the area could give me an idea!) Thank you :)

I knew someone that lived there. Pleasant area, rarely any issues, but houses felt very small.

If it's the one online, it's only 80sqm and very little opportunity to expand.

Not far away you have a 90sqm house in castle grove asking same money and also has attic space designed to expand into.

And plenty of parkland around it and Luas

I have been in one of these houses before
A friend from college lived in one during their undergrad years.

I remember it being small inside and out. But the area itself was grand. I would have been there at all hours and never saw anything untoward. Now that I think of it, perhaps we were the untoward people in the area!

I lived there for 5 years when newly built. I think it a great location as so much nearby even walking distance such as Beacon hospital, Luas, Aldi, Dunnes and a small shopping centre within the estate as well as a choice of primary schools, a church and scoutden. The industrial estate has many useful outlets such as Woodies, car sales, Chadwicks, Tile places etc The M50 is a short drive away and also a good road to the Dublin/Wicklow mountains. The houses were built in the 1970's so the insulation standards were poor and heating system a bit outdated by modern standards. Yes a bit on small side so a starter home but room size/dimensions ok. I think 850 sq ft was original size.

Back