Wedding in Tuscany.

B

bluesbrother

Hi,
My girlfriend and I were thinking of getting married abroad - Tuscany came to mind as a romantic place to say the "I do's!". Has anybody out there got married in Italy or perhaps know of someone that has?
Thanks,
Bluesbro.

Hiya

If you do a search on the forums on www.weddingsonline.ie you should find some information on getting married in Italy.

Try Newbridge Travel..[broken link removed]

and Curragh Travel...

Hi BB,
I got married in Rome last year and then went on to Florence & Venice on honeymoon. Couldn't recommend Florence highly enough! We absolutely loved the place. The wedding took a bit of organizing but all could be done on line or by phone. Much cheaper than having someone else do it for you. I'm sure a wedding in Tuscany couldn't be that difficult to sort out.

My cousin got married in Rome with close family as the only guests. The photos looked great, they all looked so happy and relaxed. They went shopping together and on bus tours etc and it was like a big family holiday - sounded great to me.

Hi BluesBrother,

Myself and my ladyfriend are getting married in Florence in August.
The easiest thing to do is to use a wedding planner
We're using www.gettingmarriedinitaly.com which were also used by friends of ours.

Still struggling to find musicians to play at the reception though !

Might not be on your radar but was at a wedding in Las Vegas 2 years ago and it was super.

This probably isn't what you want to hear but church officials in Italy are cracking down on the number of Irish travelling there for weddings. They contacted the Irish Catholic authorities about it last week and said they're introducing 'more stringent controls', whatever that means. The week before the Croatians said they didn't want any more Irish weddings either - apparently the brides were dressing inappropriately in the church!

Hi bluesbrother

We got married in Tuscany last year - just outside of Lucca. There's loads of info on weddingsonline as Kiddo says - just do a search and you'll find loads of info on getting married in Tuscany and other places in Italy.

Suffice to say, we had a fabulous few days, couldn't have asked for more and would totally do it again if we could. Very very glad we chose to get married where we did.

M

Tuscany is fab, we loved it.

Just be careful about Wedding Planners make sure you do your research as some wedding planners will let you down.

There is an article in the Evening Herald today that you might want to check out about which wedding planner to avoid.

Back