Wedding Dress Designer on Camden St

Newbie!

Hi,

Several years ago there used to be a wedding dress designer at the top of camden street, at the junction which leads over to harcourt st. there is a Spar on the opposite corner.The wedding shop closed down and is now replaced with an alternative medicine shop (i think). Anyway, I have a friend getting married who is looking for the name and whereabouts of this designer. I thought (think) her name is Bridgette Moore but could be wrong. Does anyone know the correct name and if she supplies her work anywhere else?

thanks,

As far as I know Brigette Moore moved to the states a number of years ago and I don' t think her stuff is a available here.

If your friend is looking for a made-to-measure designer dress a few of the more well know names would be :

Fiona Todhunter, who is based in OldBawn, Tallaght
Kathy De Stafford in Exchequer street
Roswitha Molloy
De Paor in Dun Laoire

her stuff is wonderful.. she has a website - you coudl google her? (restricted access here)

Yeah bit of a trek - 2 hours from Dublin but the thing I would say - where ever you see what you want go and get it!! Make a weekend of it and go to Carrick on ShannoN!

thank you for all the replies. footsteps, the girl in question is actually from that part of the country so i will tell her to check it out. thanks.

She might like to check out Edel Tuite, she's up in Drogheda.
As a satisfied customer I have to say she was very open to changing some details on the dress I choose - other brides have told me that a lot of designers won't change anything...

There is a gallery so she can check it out and see if any of the designs interest her - i do know she is by appointment during the week and open to all callers on Saturday mornings.

[broken link removed]

Edel Tuite actually trained with Brigette Moore as far as I know. She made my wedding dress, would recommend her (have no affiliation to her btw!)

Protocol were made the stockist for Bridgette Moore dresses after she moved to the states - they were based on georges street. Not sure if they are still open though - I was there 4 years ago!

Back