Wedding cakes - how much did yours cost

You're deliberately mis-representing my posts, I said that they were possible reasons but as you hadn't and still haven't given any details then they are all speculation.

I don't belive I have since all your comment have been of the same nature, none implying the figure represents value for money.

I don't belive I have since all your comment have been of the same nature, none implying the figure represents value for money.

Thats totally unfair. What dereko1969 actually said was:

...perhaps value wasn't an issue for you, you didn't bargain, you just went mad or any other reason but 35k for a wedding nowadays would be the exception I would think.

After the above, where he states that there could be any other reason for such a high cost he consistently says that there is no way of telling whether or not there is value for money without knowing more details.

Whether that's value or not is a moot point, it is very expensive. TRS30 has been very coy about giving any sort of details so impossible to tell whether it's value or not, but it is definitely expensive.

Value is of course subjective and seeing as TRS30 hasn't invited us to the wedding, we'll never know if they got value!

If you are going to throw out a figure like 35k, then become all defensive because people offer the honest opinion that that sounds expensive, but refuse to furnish any other details, then what do you expect? How can anyone tell if its value for money or not? Given how defensive you seem to be Id be assuming that its hitting a nerve and that you dont feel its value for money yourself and that why you do not want to give more details - but that is only my assumption based on the posts made. It could be wonderful value for money - but as long as you dont give any detail to back up your initial figure, no one can tell.

In fairness Truthseeker, the posts implied that TRS30 didn't care for value, otherwise it could have said 'Perhaps 35K was great value for what you received'
The other posts that you point to were responses to me, where I had said that value and cost did not always go hand in hand.
Wedding days are special to some people, so it is only natural to get defensive, when posters take a negative view.

Thats totally unfair. What dereko1969 actually said was:

After the above, where he states that there could be any other reason for such a high cost he consistently says that there is no way of telling whether or not there is value for money without knowing more details.

If you are going to throw out a figure like 35k, then become all defensive because people offer the honest opinion that that sounds expensive, but refuse to furnish any other details, then what do you expect? How can anyone tell if its value for money or not? Given how defensive you seem to be Id be assuming that its hitting a nerve and that you dont feel its value for money yourself and that why you do not want to give more details - but that is only my assumption based on the posts made. It could be wonderful value for money - but as long as you dont give any detail to back up your initial figure, no one can tell.

I was only referring to posts directed to me.

Not in the least defensive, again an assumtpion. I am quite happy with all aspects of my wedding including the cost; however you will have to take my word for it.

In fairness Truthseeker, the posts implied that TRS30 didn't care for value, otherwise it could have said 'Perhaps 35K was great value for what you received'
The other posts that you point to were responses to me, where I had said that value and cost did not always go hand in hand.
Wedding days are special to some people, so it is only natural to get defensive, when posters take a negative view.

I was only referring to posts directed to me.

Not in the least defensive, again an assumtpion. I am quite happy with all aspects of my wedding including the cost; however you will have to take my word for it.

I think people are mis-interpreting what I wrote, Truthseeker has outlined the caveats I included, people will read what they want to into text, nothing I can do about that.

It just seems odd to me that someone would come into a discussion about weddings, state that there is no recessions in weddings and give no justification for that statement even to the extent that the hotel/caterer etc wouldn't budge on price.

Perhaps I'm mis-reading what TRS30 meant by the statement that there was no recession in weddings, but at this stage I'm bored of not getting any details so we'll just have to accept a blanket - me happy - statement.

Why would anyone want to post personal details?
I took the 'no recession' statement to be that such things as a band can charge €1500+ for a wedding when they might only get €300 for a pub gig, and a wedding dress is still a wedding dress. You can get better deals on the dinner package, but it's far from cheap.

Wedding soon so going to drop out of this discussion. 100+ posts about weddings is probably about 100 too much :)

Why would anyone want to post personal details?
I took the 'no recession' statement to be that such things as a band can charge €1500+ for a wedding when they might only get €300 for a pub gig, and a wedding dress is still a wedding dress. You can get better deals on the dinner package, but it's far from cheap.

I wasn't asking for personal details, just some justification for the statement "there's no recession when it comes to weddings", that's all.

Back