Websites for tracking someone down?

LDFerguson

I'm trying to help someone locate an old friend that they lost contact with about 16 years ago. We don't have much to go on. The lady's name. That she moved to Kilkenny city when she retired.

The lady in question would be in her 80s now so I did a search on www.rip.ie and happily she wasn't there.

Any other websites or tips that might be useful?

In the old days, I'd have scanned the Golden Pages for Kilkenny city addresses matching the name... but everyone's gone ex directory these days.

I would try searching all the local newspapers websites . If she has been involved in the local golf club, active retirement groups, tidy towns committe or other local groups in the last 10 years, her name might appear in articles in the local media.

Thanks all. Not in the Eircom phonebook or on Facebook from what I can see. I had a very kind PM from an Askaboutmoney member from the area with family in the area also, who might be able to help. Failing that, I'll probably pay a visit to some of the local parish offices / priests as suggested.

Can you view electoral registers in local libraries? I'm not sure if you can but I was also trying to find the name of someone who lived in a particular house in the 70s and this was suggested to me. I never got around to checking though.

Can you view electoral registers in local libraries? I'm not sure if you can but I was also trying to find the name of someone who lived in a particular house in the 70s and this was suggested to me. I never got around to checking though.

I don't know but I'll keep that as another option to explore. Thanks.

I presumed you just googled her name in quotes and a few +Kilkenny+<old prefession> etc ?

You can use checktheregister.ie to put in an address and a name to see if they are registered there. But you'd need a shortlist of addresses first.

There are two register lists. Full register used in election time and Edited register is the one where you forgot to check the box and not allow marketing agents access. I believe for a fee you can get a copy of the edited one.

Back