Website for uploading pictures/printing to canvas??

BIK30

• What is a good website to upload pictures to share with family and friends, for free?
  • Also, thinking of getting a few pics printed to canvas, can you recommend a good site to get this done from at a good price?
:)

I've used updone.com for canvas prints, very good quality, ridiculously cheap - although a US company the shipment comes from China. I've had 2 canvas's done, both arrived in less than a week.

Casameta - I have had a look at updone, they look good.

What canvas type did you go for? there is so many to choose from, i.e matt/artist impression/gloss etc I am not sure what to go for, any advice appreciated!

I just got four canvasses delivered from Updone: two around 20x15, two 16x14.
The sum total was....€50! (including delivery, which I think cost more than the actual pictures)
In initally I thought they were going to deliver the pictures pre-assembled, but they don't do that for Ireland.

I had to make frames for them myself, to stretch them on, but I got the equipment online from a craft company in Cork (Cork Art Supplies), which cost about €50 more for all the frames, and a staple gun.

Making the frames is relatively easy, once you manage to slot all the wooden frames in together.

So all in, it was €100 for four pretty funky looking pieces of wall art.

I'm very impressed with the results.

Nicola

I just got four canvasses delivered from Updone: two around 20x15, two 16x14.
The sum total was....€50! (including delivery, which I think cost more than the actual pictures)
In initally I thought they were going to deliver the pictures pre-assembled, but they don't do that for Ireland.

I had to make frames for them myself, to stretch them on, but I got the equipment online from a craft company in Cork (Cork Art Supplies), which cost about €50 more for all the frames, and a staple gun.

Making the frames is relatively easy, once you manage to slot all the wooden frames in together.

So all in, it was €100 for four pretty funky looking pieces of wall art.

I'm very impressed with the results.

Nicola
I was looking at a few canvas pics I bought today on frames and they weren't stapled but glued. Do the staples not show and wouldn't glueing be better? I was thinking of making my own frames buying some 1" x 3/4" battens. Can't see it being that difficult???

You would have to angle the edges (like on a picture frame) that can be tricky.
Glue the joins with that super strong glue (no more nails) hold together with a small vice untill dried.. It will be rock solid and no need for staples. To attach the canvas: Staple one side first and then stretch the canvas and staple the oppisite side of where you started.

Back