We have a National Philanthropy Policy

Credit where credit is due, the State has been steadfast in its support of the Creative Sector, particularly that much maligned but critically important sub sector of Bicycle Shed Creators.

That's the sort of philanthropy that makes me proud to be Irish.
 
"Community Foundation Ireland is taking a leading role in building a more equal and sustainable society. This leadership is rooted in collaboration. Our ambition is to deepen our impact and expand philanthropic participation to secure a fairer future for people, place and planet. This will require courage - standing up for what's right, challenging inequality and taking action even when it is difficult "

What a nonsensical virtue signalling embarrassing word salad.

Its like someone has swallowed a jargon handbook of corporate speak and then regurgitated it all out on one page.
 
Last edited:
Agreed. But do they do good work?
At a glance, probably they do. The annual report is very transparent.


1785268103406.webp


I don't know how these operating expenses compare with other organizations. The CEO is on a salary of 140k, same as Oxfam Ireland CEO based on my googling.
 
Dr Muhammad Ali, appointed January 2022 as Martin Naughton Assistant Professor in Environmental Microbiology, calls E3 ‘a platform to bring everybody together in one room and to educate graduates to think in a flexible, adaptive, multidisciplinary and solutions-oriented way.’
I kept thinking I was in a Monty Python sketch as I scanned through this stuff.
 
Back
Top