Waxed pine furniture

phoenix

Hi

I have a number of pieces of pine waxed furniture that I would love to change the look of. From googling it appears that painting this furniture is nigh on impossible as you have to remove the wax before doing so and this is meant to be a terrible job.

I also thought about rewaxing them but when I read the instructions for that it also said you had to remove the base layer of wax with steel wool so it looks like the same amount of work to rewax or paint.

Has anyone out there successfully renovated waxed pine furniture and if so what did you do?

Many thanks.

Phoenix

I have sanded down a number of pine chairs over the summer months using a harsh sandpaper. It took a few hours to sand down each chair. I painted them with a Colortrend paint and they look absolutely fantastic. Slightly distressed look.

Chalk Paint

There is a great paint out by a woman called annie sloan, its chalk paint and paints over almost anything. If you check out her website you could see if her paint would work or even email them to ask

Last edited:
I noticed that she has a place in the Tramyard in Dalkey when there last week for the Lobster and Crab festival.

I noticed that she has a place in the Tramyard in Dalkey when there last week for the Lobster and Crab festival.

Its not her place they are just stockists of her paint - there is another stockist in tipperary but the paint can be ordered and delivered

Back