Waterpark Carrigaline - all safe?

caljane

Hi there, just wondering if anybody familiar with Carrigaline could advise on the Waterpark estate. It seems prices vary wildly within the estate and I am wondering if the cheaper parts of the estate (Arbour Heights, Kingswood)

Not specifically related to Waterpark, but Carrigaline is overpopulated. If you are commuting to Cork City you will be competing with lines of traffic every day. Just listen to the daily moan regarding snail pace traffic at Carrs Hill on radio every day.

Commuting, I remember that :)
I live near the entrance to Waterpark and to be honest, I don't think any parts of it are that bad. I'd say, off the top of my head, prices reflect age of house, condition, how close to the road through it. I'd suggest having a spin around to get the lay of the land. I certainly wouldn't put anyone off buying there on principal.
Also, it's on the right side of Carrigaline for commuting into Cork. In a few years the new Ringaskiddy road will be built and that should ease congestion significantly.
And when I used to commute into Cork, I'd drive to Monkstown and cycle on the old railway line into work. But when I did have to drive, it was never too bad. But that was before Janeville was built.

Back