Waterford Stanley Alpha - suitable to run underfloor heating?

bats

Still going round the houses thinking about the best heating / DHW system for our newbuild (a large family house, occupied during the day, underfloor heating up and down, 4 bathrooms with heated towel rads)

Had planned to integrate solar panels and multifuel stove with back boiler (instead of open fire) with a gas (lpg) condensing boiler. However, have been looking at an Aga for the kitchen, but just can't justify the expense...then came across the Waterford Stanley Alpha, could this take the place of the gas boiler (obviously I would have oil tank instead of lpg) and Aga?? Are they a good option for to run underfloor heating??? How efficient are they to run??

Hope this makes sense...any advice welcome!

Depending on the size of your house my preference would be solar panels and a condensing boiler(s) It shouldn't matter what heating appliance you install in regard to underfloor heating. This system of heating will work of most heating appliances. Your Solar Panels can heat a buffer that can in turn heat your hot water and heating system. The Alpha or whatever heating appliance you install can act as a backup to service your hotwater/heating needs when the sun doesn't shine!
Most reputable plumbing/heating contrators will give you plenty of options on heating systems and control. Compared to 10/15 yrs ago the options on heating systems has come a long way.
I'm not sure about the efficiency levels of the Stanley Alhpa, but many Irish made oil fired condensing central heating boilers are very efficient
Grant, Firebird, great companies.

I have a Rayburn that runs heat/ underfloor heat/hot water & cooks as well. Efficient enough, but when something went wrong the recommended service company has proved a nightmare. Very expensive, dirty workers, don't show up for appointments, big delay in getting another appointment and do not seem to have a systematic approach to diagnosing the problem. I would check out service in your area before making your final decision.

Back