Waterford recommendations

nad

Hi just wondering on places in Waterford city and surronding areas that posters might recommend for eating out,or sightseeing or even hotels to stay over in?

Emilianos is IMO by far the best restaurant in Waterford. Every time I go somewhere else I'm sorry I didn't go back there. Scallop starter is heaven on a plate!! No affiliation just a satisfied customer.

Cafe Goa is worth a visit if you like Indian food, it's on the quays beside Dooley's Hotel.

Woodlands Hotel on the Dunmore Rd is pretty good and the Ramada might be worth checking out on the Cork Road.

Hi just wondering on places in Waterford city and surronding areas that posters might recommend for eating out,or sightseeing or even hotels to stay over in?

Lime Leaf in Waterford - excellent Asian food. There's also a seafood restaurant in Cheekpoint that is supposed to be great - I don't actually know coz it's not my thing. I think it's called McAlpines.

For sightseeing, the Copper Coast (Tramore-Dungarvan via coast road) is very picturesque, as are the Comeragh mountains. Tramore itself has some lovely beach and cliff walks. Dunmore East is a nice village too.

Thanks for the replies guys, any other recommendations would also be appreciated

You will be spoilt for choice in Dungarvan. The Mill,The Tannery,Davitts,Sea Palace(Chinese) and Crews and many others. Whilst your in the area I suppose a trip to Lismore would be nice ( another 15miles ) they have a farmers market on the entrance to the Castle on Sunday mornings and there is also a lovely park.

Back