Water will not drain from my washing machine

A

Air

Hi, does anybody know how to fix my washing machine? Basically at the end of the wash cycle the water will not drain and move onto the rinse cycle. This has been happening for the last few months but normally you could turn the machine on and off and it would continue as normal. Now it appears to have stuck! Turning it on and off does nothing and physically turning the dial to the next setting still wont drain the water. My clothes have been stuck in the machine since Tuesday!!

At the bottom front of your machine will be a panel with the filter housed behind it. Beside this is a small black hose with an integral plug which you can use to manually drain the machine into a bucket or basin.

If you do an internet search for the make and model of you machine you should find a user manual or instructions for locating and using the drain.

Try and remove the filter located bottom right hand side of machine.It should twist off,BUT MAKE SURE you have a basin to collect flow of water that will pour out.Clean filter and it should work fine.P.S It will also stink!!

I had a problem once with the washing machine. There is a sump at the back which collects sh1t. Its a black rubbery pipe thing. That was full of coins, a lot of them nice Shiney old silver Irish pound coins. Proves every cloud has a silver lining. Theres a bit of ripping involved but if you are any way capable at DIY its doable.

Miss Keane should be checking and removeing such items from pockets before item is placed in machine!

Back