Water treatment recommendation

BTBL

Hi,
We have a new house with a private well.

We had the water tested and it is very hard and will probably soon begin to clog up showers etc.

The drinking water also needs purification (high on nitrates), probably reverse osmosis.

Would anyone have details of a recommended supplier and fitter of a water treatment system?

I'm aware there are quite a few cowboy operations in this area so a recommendation would be great.

I'm located in Louth area.

I've dealt with a company in Leitrim called Watercare. They are definitely not cowboys, but it still cost a few bob to solve our water problems!

We got a water softner and RO unit from www.water2buy.ie and got a plumber to install for us, delivery was quick and easy and no problems so far and that was a year ago; no connection with company just happy customer

We had the water tested and ... (high on nitrates).....

Did you get your water tested at a reputable laboratory? If so in addition to the bacti tests and the general water chemistry tests (pH, conductivity, Colour, Turbidity, Hardness, Nitrates, Ammonia etc) you should also test for metals such as Iron and Manganese and also Arsenic and Lead.

Show these results to a number of reputable water treatment contractors in your area and get quotations which include exact specifications, running costs and guarantees.

We got a water softner and RO unit from www.water2buy.ie and got a plumber to install for us, delivery was quick and easy and no problems so far and that was a year ago; no connection with company just happy customer

I did the same, about 400 for the softener, 300 for the RE, I fit it myself.

Back