Water Hammer

ruffmut

I get water hammer from time to time in our house. I have been looking on the net for some solutions to this and have come across a solution by installing a water hammer arrestor.

I have gone into a number of plumbing supplies near me in Kerry and they do not have them.

Would anyone know first off, do these work and where can you get them?

Thanks

Water hammer is caused by opening a valve quickly, causing water to rush through pipework which may be loose and consequently making a noise.

Water Hammer is where water flowing through pipes in a house stops suddenly and cause a shock wave to go through the pipes. This creates a loud noise. If it not sorted out to could cause pipe fittings to fail.

I get water hammer from time to time in our house. I have been looking on the net for some solutions to this and have come across a solution by installing a water hammer arrestor.

I have gone into a number of plumbing supplies near me in Kerry and they do not have them.

Would anyone know first off, do these work and where can you get them?

Thanks

As a qualified plumber. Water hammer will normally occur in the attic with pipes not been securely clipped. Its usually the pipes that are under most pressures like the mains. So go into the attic and get some down below to open and close the kitchen skin tap and watch what pipes are moving.

Back