Water as a form of investment.

Dman

Hi folks,
I'm currently looking around for an Alternative forms of investment. I'm quite interested in Commodities and in particular Commodity tracking ETF's.
I've already dipped my toes into this form of investment and I'm quite keen to make a further investment.
I've recently come across an EFT which will track Global Water companies.
Has anyone heard much on Water and it's prospects for the future?
I know noone has a crystal ball to tell the future, but would be very interested in people's opinions.
I'm aware I'm not premitted to discuss individual funds / shares on this form so if anyone wishes to know the details of the ETF I'm looking at just PM me and I'll be happy to forward you the details.
Thanks

For what it's worth, China is supposed to be having problems with current(forgive pun) , and especially future demand ,on their water supplies. So water companies are flooding (sorry - couldn't resist) in there.:)

In no particular order my top ten tips for future growth by sectors are (i) gold (ii) internet gambling stock esp. presence in Macau (iii) uranium (iv) internet hardware stocks (v) Japanese Yen (vi) German property (vii) Africa – debt cancellation/commodity rich states (viii) oil –BP’s Q3 could hardly be any worse (ix) silver (x) water.

I like water a lot; it’s a great defensive play in the equity cycle. World population is on the increase with more and more people gravitating towards the urban centres. One third of the world suffers from water shortages and according to IWMI the breaking point will be well and truly broken by 2020 especially China & India [most notably India – population growth exploding compared to China's one child rule]. Some traders call it blue gold.

Bear in mind most ETF’s are priced in dollars and the one you mention could be too wide of the mark. I would invest in individual shares and take a 2k/5 or a 3k/7 position or if you are a high roller a 10k/10. Invest in new technologies such as desalination or pm me for some share tips. If you are not ethically minded, there are a couple of Israeli players focusing in this market. This part of the world after all suffers quite a lot from drought.

Back