Watchdog - BBC Consumer Show

S

sunnyday

I was watching the programme looking back over the history of Watchdog on the BBC last night. Has RTE ever done anything similar? As a national broadcaster, receiving license fees, wouldn't it be a good service to the viewers? It just got me thinking of the countless examples of injustices described by contributers on AAM that could be pursued by such a programme. Maybe Brendan could sign up to it?? Thoughts anyone?

title edited slightly by ajapale

Re: Watchdog

Excellent idea SD, I love Watchdog and it would show great value add here, as opposed to their current value for money week?!

Maybe Brendan could run around after rogues with a microphone and wobble camera asking probing questions?

Yes the TV show Watchdog and similar shows on ITV are great. RTÉ's efforts have been poor or have been stymied by powerful vested interests.

Have a look here:

ajapale

Thanks for the link ajapale, I should have guessed AAM has covered this topic before! I reckon Gerry Ryan would be great for an Irish Watchdog; he could use the exercise chasing down the street after rogues, the odd slap would do him no harm, and there'd surely be a bit of titillation with a very serious investigation into womens underwear!
Seriously though, Senator Shane Ross IMHO would be a good man for the job.

Back