Wasp nest in neighbour's eves bordering our house??

Maryb50

Our neighbour refuses to remove or deal with a wasps nest. It's in the eves of his extension which borders the 2nd floor bedrooms of my children. We have wasps in every day and can't leave a window open, even a little bit at the back of the house. I am allergic to bees and wasps and carry an epipen. It's a neighbour who is difficult with a lot of neighbours, not just us. I had an exterminatory come out, he could treat the nest from our garden, but the neighbour refused to allow him to do it, though we were paying for the service - is there anything else I can do? My son noticed the nest about a week ago.

if its any consolation, wasps dont usually come back to the same nest the following year. So if you can live with them for the next few weeks, you are unlikely to see them there again next year.

Once, I saw an epi-pen holder nearly choke to death because of an allergy. I don't want to see it again. To hell with your neighbour, put a ladder up against the eves of his house kill the wasps. If the neighbour sues you; no judge in his/her right mind would convict you. You need this neighbour like Florida needs another hurricane.

Mary

Keep the windows closed for the next week or so as JJ has suggested.

Sit in the back garden with your children and be fascinated by the wonderful world of wasps.

Brendan

We had a nest under a wall in our garden last year. We couldn't go near the flower bed where it was located. If you happened to be standing in their flight path it was a bit off putting as they buzzed past. This year they are gone and as JohnJay says they won't be back.

Hi! All, thanks for advice - I actually got a guy from a pest control company who didn't mind that it was my neighbour's eves, particularly when I told him I was allergic to wasps and my neighbours were unwilling to help remove the nest or do anything about it. He put some dust in the holes along the eves, and not a wasp to be seen a few hours later. He had a huge knowledge of bees and wasps - said he had studied it in UK at University. He said that they don't nest far each year and probably will come back to a nest a 100 yards away from the one in my neighbours eves - interestingly my neighbour had a nest in the eves of the other side of his house last year - and neighbours on the other side had the same issue with him. The cost of the treatment was e90.

Back