Washington

Armada

Hi all,

Can somebody recommend a good(4*) centrally located hotel in Washington please? Is Dupont Circle the preferred area for sightseeing and shopping?

I have just booked flights for €89 each way plus tax with Aer Lingus for April (kind of on impulse:)) and am now trying to put the rest together. I will be travelling with my husband.

I have searched previous threads but they are now a bit outdated.

Thanks a mil...

Hi Armada

Try out the following link [broken link removed]

Regards

Hizzy

Hi Armada

Hubby and I spend New Year in Washington and had a ball. We stayed in Embassy Suites Hotel which comes up as No 1 hotel on Trip Advisor and I would definitely recommend it. The rate includes breakfast & a drinks reception each evening. It was nice to have a couple of beers before heading out for the night. It is halfway between two metros - Dupont Circle and Fogyy Bottom so a great location. We walked down to the White House - abt 30mins and we also walked to Georgetown - over the bridge about 20mins from hotel. The metro from Foggy Bottom took us to Arlington & Watergate. For shopping there is a great shopping centre at Watergate City - next stop on from Watergate. There is also a shuttle bus from Foggy Bottom station to the Kennedy Arts Centre which is well worth a visit - and take in a performance if you can.

We ate up at Dupont Circle one night but was glad we hadn't booked accommodation there as it was more residential around our hotel.

We took a shared shuttle from the Airport and booked it for the way back also - it cost $39 (€24 for 2 people each way. Your dollars will go a long way with the rate at the minute.

Hope this helps and have a great time.

Thank you both for your replies.

Rose Violet.

Embassy Suites sounds great. Did you book them through their own website or through a discount reservations site?

Last edited:
Jury's on DuPont circle. Really central, good restaurant. PM me for more details. Stayed there April 2005. Check tripadvisor for up to date reviews. It was excellent location wise - Washington has a really good underground rail system.

FYI - I would recommend shopping in Pentagon City. Didn't think much of the out of town place Potomac mills.

Hi Armada

I booked flights at 99 for end of March and got a room at Grand Washington Hyatt for 129 per room per night. Book direct with their site [broken link removed] (It was a lot dearer on expedia )
I have stayed there before. Its excellent and its very central...1 min walk from Merto Centre station and only mins from Mall, Capital White house etc.

Armada, it's a fantastic city, and you're going at such a great time of the year! Try and check out some of the suburban areas, they can be just beautiful.

Armada

I just booked through the hotel website - this link brings you straight to Washingting Hotel.

[broken link removed]

check got two nights in the hilton embassy row at dupont circle for $180 for a couple

Did you know the name of the hotel prior to booking or is the surprise elememt the norm on Hotwire? I have n't used them before.

The Grand Hyatt is showing me $429 per night plus tax for my dates in April.

Rose Violet, I will have a look at Embassy Suites again now.

Jurys Dupont Circle is saying on another website that they are currently renovating and might be open in April.

I'll keep looking and keep you updated.

Update: Embassy Suites $315 per room per night

Thanks guys

Last edited:
You should take a trip on the metro (their DART) to Old Towne in Virginia. Takes 30 mins. A lovely old village on the banks of the potomoac, with great seafood restaurants and bars.

Just a quick update..

Jurys (Now The Doyle Collection) Dupont is re-opening on March 23rd after a major refurb.

They are currently running a 50% discount promotion. I have just booked for late April. Type the word "OPEN" into the promotional code box.

Great Value.

Back